Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Any idea why it has a salvage title? Unfortunately there are a ton of scams related to salvage titles and half-ass repair jobs. Unless I knew what to look for (new paint, bent frames, etc…), I would be very nervous.

Then again, I watch too many YouTube flip repairs

·
Registered
851 Posts
Excellent resources, thanks. Once you see those wreck pics, you can’t unsee it!

I just finished watching a Rainman’s Repairs car inspection video which is basically worst case situation. He basically goes through the entire video looking for incomplete/poor repair. He has a few good things to look out for (scanning tool, paint job, look underneath vehicle, etc…). Add those to your inspection list.

YouTube Link

A quick scan of Carvana used 2019 QX60’s with 30k miles runs around $30-35k, so this vehicle (assuming it was repaired properly would save you around $10k. If you get it inspected and it’s repaired with OEM parts, doesn’t have any drywall screws (just kidding, from the Rainman video), and it does’t bother you that it’s been in a significant collision, then it looks like a good buy. Unfortunately today’s used car market is overly crazy so it’s hard to find good deals these days.

Samcrac, Tavarish, and LigitStreetCars are fun YouTube car-flip channels to watch.

Let us know what you decide…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts