Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello QX Family...I will be looking to join this wonderful forum and community in making my first purchase. I've always been a major fan of the QX60s and I found an affordable one here in my area. I've been looking at a couple vehicles and reading about them but before I made a big decision I wanted to check with the community if there is anything that I should look into before committing.

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection today:
  • coolant or oil leaks
  • noises in the engine
  • check transmission for slips jolts etc
  • verify all electrics / features / lights
The asking price is $21,500 and it has 30,000 miles with a Salvage Title.

If you guys have any suggestions on what to check.
Looking forward to joining this family, thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Any idea why it has a salvage title? Unfortunately there are a ton of scams related to salvage titles and half-ass repair jobs. Unless I knew what to look for (new paint, bent frames, etc…), I would be very nervous.

Then again, I watch too many YouTube flip repairs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@yeller I also watch youtube flip repairs. Who do you like to watch? About the car, the photos of the vehicle on the ad look really sweet. I researched into why it has a Salvage title as you suggested. Yes, there are so many scams out there but also some hidden gems. Here is the ad for the car:2019 INFINITI QX60 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive...

I thought that I needed a VIN to pull up a history report but I was recommended by a friend to try this site: DetailedVehicleHistory.com because I used the license plate from the photos on the ad to pull up the full history report. This site can pull history records from a license plate. This website also has auction records and images and it was cheaper then carfax. Carfax doesn't have any photos, right? Anyways, I was shocked to see the damage on the photos and this:

Damaged or major damage incident record

It was quite eye opening to see that the vehicle had been in serious damage before.
Here's the vehicle report from that site for anyone who wants to check it out - Get Instant Vehicle History Report

What do you guys think? Should I still go for it after seeing the damage in the photos?
Thanks all for your suggestions.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
History Report

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Excellent resources, thanks. Once you see those wreck pics, you can’t unsee it!

I just finished watching a Rainman’s Repairs car inspection video which is basically worst case situation. He basically goes through the entire video looking for incomplete/poor repair. He has a few good things to look out for (scanning tool, paint job, look underneath vehicle, etc…). Add those to your inspection list.

YouTube Link

A quick scan of Carvana used 2019 QX60’s with 30k miles runs around $30-35k, so this vehicle (assuming it was repaired properly would save you around $10k. If you get it inspected and it’s repaired with OEM parts, doesn’t have any drywall screws (just kidding, from the Rainman video), and it does’t bother you that it’s been in a significant collision, then it looks like a good buy. Unfortunately today’s used car market is overly crazy so it’s hard to find good deals these days.

Samcrac, Tavarish, and LigitStreetCars are fun YouTube car-flip channels to watch.

Let us know what you decide…

1 - 5 of 5 Posts