Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We picked up a brand new 2017 QX60 just over a week ago with 30 km out the door.
We've driven it exactly 2 times and it left us stranded today with under 200 km on the odometer.

Everything points to be the classic CVT stutter issues from the past:
- hesitation in throttle with no power
- car was shaking and stuttering
- as we approached a down ramp to the highway it wouldn't break 50km/h
- the entire car slowed to a halt in a middle of the ramp and wouldn't start up again

This car was purchased for my pregnant wife and future child... we wanted a safe and reliable vehicle like everyone here.
Needless to say, it was a very long day, we are very disappointed and frustrated/angry with what we have purchased.

It is currently at the dealership waiting for assessment... I just hope the dealer will do the right thing.
Will keep the group updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealership says its a P0204 cylinder 4 error and not CVT... and "shouldn't" happen again after dusting off the harness.

Would you accept this? New vehicle 200km ... horrible start with the Infiniti brand.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd ask for a thorough examination and explanation by dealer as to what caused the failure - Infiniti owes it to you.
From my previous tech experience this error can/will cause issue as you experienced - lack of engine power and an engine which dies suddenly and will not restart.
Have them check ECM functionality as well as the wiring harness again.
Speak to service manager if not satisfied with their response.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stay away

February 27, 2018 — A Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 continuously variable transmission (CVT) lawsuit has been made concerning all 2017-2018 Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 vehicles. The plaintiffs claim the continuously variable transmissions installed in the Pathfinders and QX60s are
The lawsuit alleges the
Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60
The vehicles are equipped with continuously variable transmissions that were allegedly These
transmissions were never meant to be used in vehicles, but with the economy ratings they were put in such vehicles to get better fuel economy. The settlement agreement concludes three separate class-action lawsuits that allege Nissan transmissions cause the Nissan and Infiniti vehicles to violently shake and jerk during acceleration. The plaintiffs claim
The lawsuit also alleges
The plaintiffs say the combination of the transmission judder and the failure of the vehicle to accelerate is associated
with a "CVT belt slip" condition that creates a danger to all on the roads. The plaintiffs say
The CVT lawsuit also alleges a technical service bulletin was issued to dealers within the first three months of the first sale of the affected vehicles.
The lawsuit alleges that less than five weeks after the Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 vehicles went on sale,
“prone to causing sudden, unexpected shaking and violent jerking.” If your
vehicle hasn’t experienced it yet, it is yet to happen sooner than later.
transmissions can prevent the vehicles from accelerating as
intended because of violent shuddering and jerking actions. Issues also may include system
failure and anonymous beeping throughout the cabin.
This beep you are hearing indicates a
partial transmission failure.
defective before they were even installed in the vehicles.
Nissan and Infiniti
knew about the transmissions but refused to recall the vehicles, leaving owners driving vehicles
that were clearly dangerous.
owners had no choice but to pay for repairs to the transmissions while
the automaker refused to reimburse consumers for the expense
Nissan and Infiniti vehicles as being safe while knowing about the transmission problems, all so
The automaker advertised the
the automaker could make money while putting occupants in danger.
Nissan began developing a software countermeasure before any of the vehicles were sold and
as of the first week of December 2016, Nissan was secretly reprogramming Pathfinder and
QX60 vehicles prior to sale.
symptoms of shuddering, jerking and shaking. Warranty will not cover these issues, and all will
The first
attempt at a fix through software reprogramming allegedly failed to address the transmissions
need to be an out of pocket expense. Dealers, as well as the manufacturers, refused to
comment on any question asked regarding this issue.
Nissan began
reprogramming the software installed on the transmission control units of the vehicles.
According to the plaintiffs, the reprogramming was a failed attempt to fix the juddering and
belt slip of the transmissions by using software as a "countermeasure" to fix the symptoms.
claim Nissan and Infiniti ignored transmission complaints and kept selling the
vehicles even though the transmissions were defective.
the court has referred all
owners to get out of these vehicles
The plaintiffs
If you are experiencing the sudden beeping, it is an even bigger indication to get out of the
At this time,
. These issues occur suddenly, and don’t happen over time.

vehicle. They are not safe, and as a family vehicle Nissan and Infiniti are putting over one million customers in danger every day, half already getting out of their vehicles.
With this amount of people selling and getting rid of the car, it should be an eye opener for Nissan and Infiniti
loosing so many customers. Don’t get yourself stuck in an issue like this because when the transmission fails, or these issues continue, the money will be out of your pocket and not the warranty.
customers have sold their vehicle and replaced it with a non-Nissan/Infiniti vehicle.
This issue
has come to a surprise to us all, as Infiniti has been extremely reliable.
Many customers went to the dealer and got the continuous “your car is fine
response”. Another way for them to try and keep business flowing smoothly. “I went into my
local Infiniti dealership because I had an issue regarding my touch screen changing stations by
itself, and an odd beep every once and awhile. Dealer kept my car for almost a week and said
that several different tests would be completed. They called me for pickup and told me not one
thing was wrong, and that I would need to get it on video for them. I recorded it the next time it
happened, brought it to them and they gave the same response. After finding out about this
lawsuit I did mention it to my dealer, but they just denied it and told me it was for an earlier
model which again was a lie. They said I can guarantee its perfect, but than two days later it
happened again. I am happy to say that I am now one of the 450,000 owners who has gotten
out of this vehicle, and am now in a safe and reliable vehicle. I recommend the Jeep Grand
Cherokee to anyone with this issue, it offers style and luxury for an affordable price” – Susan
Dahlberg NY
“Great Point Susan! I have a 2017 QX60, I purchased it in April 2017. I have had
some issues with the screen shut down but have not had an issue since. I went into Infiniti
several times, just like you did. They gave me the same excuses every time that my car was
okay, and that I did not need to worry about it. When I saw this article, I could not believe it.
Never in a million years did I think that Infiniti would be in such a large lawsuit. I showed my
husband, and he thought it was nothing to worry about. I continued to drive the car as I
normally would, but the meaning of the beep really scared me. I went to work, everything was
fine. Beep continued, as it has been for months. Two weeks go by with me driving the Infiniti
until I was on my way home. The transmission got stuck, and the car stopped in the middle of
the road. Luckily no cars were coming, and I had time to get to the side of the road. I brought it
into Infiniti after the car was towed to my house. They denied everything and pretty much said
to me not to worry. I traded in my car. I owed $ 44,000, and they gave me $42,000 for the car.
My new company was able to build the extra $2,000 into my monthly payment and I am now
driving a newer car for cheaper. Peace out Infiniti” -Lisa Braunstein NJ.
The Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 transmission lawsuit were filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern
District of Florida - Batista vs. Nissan North America, Inc. The plaintiffs are represented by Berger & Montague PC, Cory Watson, P.C., Newsome Melton LLP, and Weil Quaranta McGovern PA.
Over 450,000

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Do I just call out this moron for being a blatant troll? Or do I delete his pathetic posts?

Referring to infinitiqx60issues, not the OP.

Reactions: humvet

·
Registered
140 Posts
When the first post of a new member is a cut and paste of caustic gibberish then you know this a post/poster to ignore just like the annoying pop up adds. They are just time buglers. This is regarding the dopey infinitiqx60issues post of course.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How is he a troll? the QX60 transmission is garbage. Went through 2 transmissions (both covered by infiniti) and it just went out for the 3rd time - outside of their bs settlement warranty this time. Well see how I feel about infiniti in the next couple of days,, but never buying an infiniti again thats for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2015 In the shop again for transmission issues
Transmission issues went in the shop in Nov 15 ~ Dec17, 2018 32k miles
Feb 7 back in the shop ~32500 miles

May be something to this guys story.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We picked up a brand new 2017 QX60 just over a week ago with 30 km out the door.
We've driven it exactly 2 times and it left us stranded today with under 200 km on the odometer.

Everything points to be the classic CVT stutter issues from the past:
  • hesitation in throttle with no power
  • car was shaking and stuttering
  • as we approached a down ramp to the highway it wouldn't break 50km/h
  • the entire car slowed to a halt in a middle of the ramp and wouldn't start up again

This car was purchased for my pregnant wife and future child... we wanted a safe and reliable vehicle like everyone here.
Needless to say, it was a very long day, we are very disappointed and frustrated/angry with what we have purchased.

It is currently at the dealership waiting for assessment... I just hope the dealer will do the right thing.
Will keep the group updated.

My infinity qx60 just turned 100,000 miles and sure enough friking tranny went out .it's started slipping and jerking went to my local transmission repair guy and he doesn't work on these transmissions cause he can't guarantee them after fixing them, "they're crap" he said.now I'm stuck paying $5,000 on repairs and I was just getting back on my feet after the pandemic.. infinity should step up and do the right thing and offer lifetime repairs on these tranny's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My infinity qx60 just turned 100,000 miles and sure enough friking tranny went out .it's started slipping and jerking went to my local transmission repair guy and he doesn't work on these transmissions cause he can't guarantee them after fixing them, "they're crap" he said.now I'm stuck paying $5,000 on repairs and I was just getting back on my feet after the pandemic.. infinity should step up and do the right thing and offer lifetime repairs on these tranny's.
Oh I forgot it's a 2017..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stay away

February 27, 2018 — A Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 continuously variable transmission (CVT) lawsuit has been made concerning all 2017-2018 Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 vehicles. The plaintiffs claim the continuously variable transmissions installed in the Pathfinders and QX60s are
The lawsuit alleges the
Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60
The vehicles are equipped with continuously variable transmissions that were allegedly These
transmissions were never meant to be used in vehicles, but with the economy ratings they were put in such vehicles to get better fuel economy. The settlement agreement concludes three separate class-action lawsuits that allege Nissan transmissions cause the Nissan and Infiniti vehicles to violently shake and jerk during acceleration. The plaintiffs claim
The lawsuit also alleges
The plaintiffs say the combination of the transmission judder and the failure of the vehicle to accelerate is associated
with a "CVT belt slip" condition that creates a danger to all on the roads. The plaintiffs say
The CVT lawsuit also alleges a technical service bulletin was issued to dealers within the first three months of the first sale of the affected vehicles.
The lawsuit alleges that less than five weeks after the Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 vehicles went on sale,
“prone to causing sudden, unexpected shaking and violent jerking.” If your
vehicle hasn’t experienced it yet, it is yet to happen sooner than later.
transmissions can prevent the vehicles from accelerating as
intended because of violent shuddering and jerking actions. Issues also may include system
failure and anonymous beeping throughout the cabin.
This beep you are hearing indicates a
partial transmission failure.
defective before they were even installed in the vehicles.
Nissan and Infiniti
knew about the transmissions but refused to recall the vehicles, leaving owners driving vehicles
that were clearly dangerous.
owners had no choice but to pay for repairs to the transmissions while
the automaker refused to reimburse consumers for the expense
Nissan and Infiniti vehicles as being safe while knowing about the transmission problems, all so
The automaker advertised the
the automaker could make money while putting occupants in danger.
Nissan began developing a software countermeasure before any of the vehicles were sold and
as of the first week of December 2016, Nissan was secretly reprogramming Pathfinder and
QX60 vehicles prior to sale.
symptoms of shuddering, jerking and shaking. Warranty will not cover these issues, and all will
The first
attempt at a fix through software reprogramming allegedly failed to address the transmissions
need to be an out of pocket expense. Dealers, as well as the manufacturers, refused to
comment on any question asked regarding this issue.
Nissan began
reprogramming the software installed on the transmission control units of the vehicles.
According to the plaintiffs, the reprogramming was a failed attempt to fix the juddering and
belt slip of the transmissions by using software as a "countermeasure" to fix the symptoms.
claim Nissan and Infiniti ignored transmission complaints and kept selling the
vehicles even though the transmissions were defective.
the court has referred all
owners to get out of these vehicles
The plaintiffs
If you are experiencing the sudden beeping, it is an even bigger indication to get out of the
At this time,
. These issues occur suddenly, and don’t happen over time.

vehicle. They are not safe, and as a family vehicle Nissan and Infiniti are putting over one million customers in danger every day, half already getting out of their vehicles.
With this amount of people selling and getting rid of the car, it should be an eye opener for Nissan and Infiniti
loosing so many customers. Don’t get yourself stuck in an issue like this because when the transmission fails, or these issues continue, the money will be out of your pocket and not the warranty.
customers have sold their vehicle and replaced it with a non-Nissan/Infiniti vehicle.
This issue
has come to a surprise to us all, as Infiniti has been extremely reliable.
Many customers went to the dealer and got the continuous “your car is fine
response”. Another way for them to try and keep business flowing smoothly. “I went into my
local Infiniti dealership because I had an issue regarding my touch screen changing stations by
itself, and an odd beep every once and awhile. Dealer kept my car for almost a week and said
that several different tests would be completed. They called me for pickup and told me not one
thing was wrong, and that I would need to get it on video for them. I recorded it the next time it
happened, brought it to them and they gave the same response. After finding out about this
lawsuit I did mention it to my dealer, but they just denied it and told me it was for an earlier
model which again was a lie. They said I can guarantee its perfect, but than two days later it
happened again. I am happy to say that I am now one of the 450,000 owners who has gotten
out of this vehicle, and am now in a safe and reliable vehicle. I recommend the Jeep Grand
Cherokee to anyone with this issue, it offers style and luxury for an affordable price” – Susan
Dahlberg NY
“Great Point Susan! I have a 2017 QX60, I purchased it in April 2017. I have had
some issues with the screen shut down but have not had an issue since. I went into Infiniti
several times, just like you did. They gave me the same excuses every time that my car was
okay, and that I did not need to worry about it. When I saw this article, I could not believe it.
Never in a million years did I think that Infiniti would be in such a large lawsuit. I showed my
husband, and he thought it was nothing to worry about. I continued to drive the car as I
normally would, but the meaning of the beep really scared me. I went to work, everything was
fine. Beep continued, as it has been for months. Two weeks go by with me driving the Infiniti
until I was on my way home. The transmission got stuck, and the car stopped in the middle of
the road. Luckily no cars were coming, and I had time to get to the side of the road. I brought it
into Infiniti after the car was towed to my house. They denied everything and pretty much said
to me not to worry. I traded in my car. I owed $ 44,000, and they gave me $42,000 for the car.
My new company was able to build the extra $2,000 into my monthly payment and I am now
driving a newer car for cheaper. Peace out Infiniti” -Lisa Braunstein NJ.
The Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 transmission lawsuit were filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern
District of Florida - Batista vs. Nissan North America, Inc. The plaintiffs are represented by Berger & Montague PC, Cory Watson, P.C., Newsome Melton LLP, and Weil Quaranta McGovern PA.
Over 450,000

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh I forgot it's a 2017..
Wow thats really unfortunate to hear, hopefully you can find a reputable shop to replace one if that is indeed the case. I knew about the CVT problems... but figured they were mostly happening on 2013-2014 models. Have you ever changed your fluid? I plan on doing mine at 60k miles. I don't trust "lifetime fluid" for anything that moves.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts