Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently purchased a 2016 QX60 and we are installing the OEM trailer hitch. My question is for the brake controller, We've ordered the appropriate wiring jumper, but wanted to see if there was a particular brake controller that seemed to be easier to mount or looked more "OEM" than others.

We have a Primus now that is "removable" when not in use, I don't see a easy mounting location like our Suburban has. We saw one from Curt online where the adjustment knob is separate from the control box, which might look very integrated but require more work to install.

Anyone got pictures of their brake controller installation and/or any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m hoping that you get a reply because I just bought a 2016 today.
I noticed a wire in the storage area and I think it’s for a brake controller but have no clue what I have to do with it or how it works.

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am going to buy a Redarc "Elite" Brake Controller and try to figure out how to mount it on one of the switch blanks in the driver's side lower dash area of our 2020 QX60. They sell a "Liberty" model as well for a cheaper price with less features and no brake controller harness but same form-factor. Electronic Brake Controller | REDARC Electronics.
The OEM Brake controller wire is Infiniti/Nissan 24167-7S000 if you need a part# for reference as to what you found in the back storage bin. I would recommend double-checking in case I'm wrong on that for your model year. You can either splice that in with the Elite's harness or you can buy a Redarc Nissan Brake Controller harness part #TPH-014 that will plug directly into the Redarc Elite or Liberty controller.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once the dealer finally installs the hitch (been waiting quite a while for the appointment, but, its finally here) - we are going with the Curt Echo Wireless controller, which a few co-workers have and have complimented the functionality. I'm good with using the Cell phone to be the "inside" controller. One is used on a 2016 Pathfinder, which seems to be basically the same vehicle, so not expecting to have any issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts