Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Me and my wife share the qx60. I have my phone set up via bluetooth as phone "1" and she has hers set up as "2". No issues when each of us drives alone, but when BOTH of us get into the car I'll be driving and get a call and wont be able to pick up because her phone is the one connected via Bluetooth.

The question is as follows. How does the car know WHICH phone to connect when both of us get into the car. Is it related to the key fob remote that opens the car?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
663 Posts
i think it literally grabs the first phone it can pair with. You can change the phone using the menu screens, but it's overly complicated.

I have the same problem with my wife's phone.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Wait, are you suggesting I trip my wife on her way to the car so I get there first?:)
No. You could try tossing her phone out the window if you don't want her to get hurt (you might get hurt).

It is supposed to pair to the number one priority phone. But as you've experienced, this doesn't always happen. Often it has a tendency to pair to whichever phone it was paired to last.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bluetooth priority between two phones

I have a 2017 QX60, and experienced the same issues between my and my wife's iPhones. The dealer's service tech suggested the car's bluetooth hookup recognized the person who unlocked the driver's side door. I tested the theory out and it proved to be true. When I unlocked the door and started the engine my phone hooked up, and when my wife opened the door her phone hooked up. It did not matter that both of us were in the car at the same time afterwards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uhm... how does this explain that I start the car remotely from the house a hundred feet away and my wife's phone, walk to the car with my phone (phone 1) and "phone 2" is still the connected phone.... so **** weird...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts