Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We have a 2014 QX60 that hasn't had any issues since we have gotten it. All of a sudden, when pressing the talk button (Bluetooth), nothing happens. Our phones were already connected and do connect to our other car and other bluetooth devices. It's like the Bluetooth feature just disappeared completely. Don't want to have to go to the dealer to pay a crazy amount to get this fixed so checking within this forum to see if anyone has dealt with this and maybe knows a way to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

·
Registered
655 Posts
No, sorry, not that Bluetooth issue. Mine is related to my android. It gets harder and harder to connect to my JX35 as my Android OS verion goes up. I reverted my phone back to version 8, and it connects in a second. Upgraded to OS 10, then takes minutes to connect, sometimes never. Not sure if it’s my phone or the vehicle, and like you said I’m not paying $100s for Infiniti to update the car OS hoping it will work.

I would try deleting all your phone profiles in the QX (all of them), then add one phone back (Calling feature). Test Bluetooth talk-button after you setup your first phone, before you setup media connection. If it works, add Media and test phone button, then the 2nd phone.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, yeller.....But I cannot even get to the settings for Bluetooth. I have a non-navigation QX60, so I don't get the screen details to help set up. It's all on the "talk" button. It just simply won't work when pressing. And no, connection to the car. The devices don't even see the car. And there isn't a notification of a connection on the top of the screen as it would normally show....I am at a loss here. Maybe the bluetooth antenna is just shot, I don't know....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've really only experienced Bluetooth stuttering in the city when I'm in a large group of people. I think it's interference from other Bluetooth devices and WIFI. Using a Bluetooth profile that uses less bandwidth would, in theory, provide better results. You can change this in the developer settings too at the cost of quality. I haven't tested this though. tutuappvip.co

·
Registered
13 Posts
No, sorry, not that Bluetooth issue. Mine is related to my android. It gets harder and harder to connect to my JX35 as my Android OS verion goes up. I reverted my phone back to version 8, and it connects in a second. Upgraded to OS 10, then takes minutes to connect, sometimes never. Not sure if it’s my phone or the vehicle, and like you said I’m not paying $100s for Infiniti to update the car OS hoping it will work.

I would try deleting all your phone profiles in the QX (all of them), then add one phone back (Calling feature). Test Bluetooth talk-button after you setup your first phone, before you setup media connection. If it works, add Media and test phone button, then the 2nd phone.

Let us know what you find out.
I've had issues with the bluetooth and if I just connect it for music and not phone calls, it connects right away, but if I set up for phone calls, then it takes forever for the music to connect. I just use the speaker phone on the phone itself to make calls as I like my music to start right away when I get in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts