Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bluetooth Messaging

I think I know the answer to this question, but thought I would ask anyway. I have had several 2015 rental cars that are bluetooth equipped, and they actually will notify me if I get a text message while driving and will read the text message to me. I have a 2014 QX60, and I can obviously use phone and audio via BT, but no messaging. I assume this functionality just wasn't part of the technology for this model year? Is this something they could potentially add with a software upgrade?

·
Registered
225 Posts
You can safely assume there will not be a software upgrade to enable that. Except for Tesla, nobody upgrades systems in use. Maybe in a new model year, but we will never seer this (would be nice, though...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turn off Bluetooth to the connected device, then the car should detect and connect to another. I have not tried this, but it worked on a friend's car (not Infiniti) so give it a shot.

And, yes, love how the systems disable things for us. Like THAT doesn't cause us to stare at the screen looking for why something is disabled. I think it's more distracting to have something that you know should work not work than to be able to do it, quickly (or, better, have your passenger do it for you).
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. You have to have the car stopped and switch to the new device. There have been many cases where my son has his phone selected, and is not even in the car with me, and I get on the highway and I'm unable to connect my audio through my phone until I reach my destination. Because of this we instituted a new rule where when he changes to his phone in the car, he has to switch it back before the car shuts off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bluetooth Messaging

I think I know the answer to this question, but thought I would ask anyway. I have had several 2015 rental cars that are bluetooth equipped, and they actually will notify me if I get a text message while driving and will read the text message to me. I have a 2014 QX60, and I can obviously use phone and audio via BT, but no messaging. I assume this functionality just wasn't part of the technology for this model year? Is this something they could potentially add with a software upgrade?
I have been extremely disappointed with Infiniti's bluetooth. I went to trade in my 2016 Infiniti qx60, and saw that they had not improved the Bluetooth capabilities and chose not to upgrade to the 2020 model. My 2013 Lexus had better Bluetooth recognition than the current models.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts