Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just purchased a QX60 with the premium package. The dealers website stated it included streaming audio via bluetooth but as I found out the hard way it does not. Does anyone know of a kit I can purchase or some sort of work around to be able to play music wirelessly from my phone and use the steering wheel controls? I'm super bummed as this was my favorite feature in my last 3 cars (which were nowhere near as nice as this one). Thanks all for your help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I read the same thing before i purchased my qx60, but then i asked other folks on this forum and the dealership. One dealership told me it included it then he called me back and said that i would need to prem plus package. Long story short i ended up getting the correct package but feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Take an old iPod and connect it to the USB port in the armrest. Use that as your music device. You'll have steering wheel controls, album art on screen, playlists, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take an old iPod and connect it to the USB port in the armrest. Use that as your music device. You'll have steering wheel controls, album art on screen, playlists, etc.
Thanks Sinecure,

I use Slacker Radio. (subscription radio like Pandora) so an ipod is not an option for me unfortunately. Is there any option oem or aftermarket that I can add to make Bluetooth audio work?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Why don't you just plug your phone into the USB port?

I have Bluetooth and I prefer using the USB port. (1) music sounds better (higher fidelity), (2) it keeps my phone charged, and (3) it connects faster and I can see the album art.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it won't play Slacker radio through the USB connection at all. I also looked at those Bluetooth kits and they don't list Infiniti as a compatible vehicle. I can't believe such a beautiful vehicle is so technologically sub par. I have a 5 year old base model Toyota Camry and a Ford Transit Connect that both have Bluetooth audio standard.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Does anyone know of a kit I can purchase or some sort of work around to be able to play music wirelessly from my phone and use the steering wheel controls?.
You want a bluetooth FM transmitter that pairs with your phone and transmits to an unused FM signal, see example link below. I've used one of these for years in my M35, which has bluetooth for phone calls but not for audio-streaming.

Link

There are many different types so take your time and find the style you like (hidden/visible/extra USB port for charging the phone, etc...). Funny thing is, these aftermarket units will typically pair much faster than the QX60's built in system.

The downside is your phone may not pair with the car's phone-bluetooth and an aftermarket unit at the same time so you may need to completely (audio calls and wireless streaming) switch over to the aftermarket unit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
...also, you can listen to pandora (etc) thru the usb connection.
I have the premium and plus packages. If you can play Pandora through the USB connection the process escapes me and it is not covered in the owners manual.

The one thing I notice about using Pandora through Bluetooth is that the volume is significantly lower than the radio volume. And I do not see the album art. Otherwise it sounds good to me. But then I wear hearing aids in both ears so my hearing is not really a good judge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a QX60 with Premium package and it boggles my mind that there is no Bluetooth streaming audio. The car has seat heaters, steering wheel heater, but no Bluetooth streaming audio??

I don't mind using the USB port with my iPhone but the USB charging amperage seems to be horrible compared to car chargers with much higher amperages. I haven't really tried with the QX60 but the EX35 we had before would DRAIN battery (although much slower) when I would use it for Waze/Navigation and stream Spotify while connected to USB.

I think Infiniti does this on purpose because no one wants to pay $3k for a navi they're never going to use because they prefer smart navis on their smartphones but Bluetooth streaming audio is important to most. Dirty move by Infiniti and there should be more people complaining about this. I guarantee you that there is no other $46k car that doesn't have streaming bluetooth audio nowadays. Similar to what someone mentioned above, my Ford Focus and Ford Transit connect, both under $25k cars have this and they work great.

Some advice to those saying they can't get Pandora and other services to work through USB, you can probably use the AUX with a RCA to 3.5mm cable like this one: 3ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black - Monoprice.com

OR get an iPhone...I believe the USB port is specifically for iPod integration which allows it to work with all iOS apps (Pandora, Spotify, iTunes...) that use Apple's audio output but it's not so good with Android devices.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just got a QX60 with Premium package and it boggles my mind that there is no Bluetooth streaming audio. The car has seat heaters, steering wheel heater, but no Bluetooth streaming audio??

I don't mind using the USB port with my iPhone but the USB charging amperage seems to be horrible compared to car chargers with much higher amperages.
A number of bluetooth transmitters include a USB connection to charge your phone. The benefit of these are you can go wireless (streaming), or charge and stream at the sametime.

Per your 1st point, I agree... Bluetooth should be standards across every vehicle. Nickeling and diming customers is petty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
AUDIO Streaming via Bluetooth

Hey guys! I recently got my 2015 QX60 and also didn't know it comes without bluetooth audio streaming. But BEST BUY is the best option. About $60. I've got 2 things.
1) 3.5mm Mini-to-RCA stereo Cable(Infiniti doesn't have AUX port, you need this adapter) .
2) IN-Car Audio Receiver(Griffin)
Everything fits in middle compartment, no wires!
This way You'll be able to listen your music via Bluetooth without getting static from fm transmitter (if you'll use one) and also use your phone.
Its really suuucks that luxury vehicle like Infiniti doesn't have audio streaming via Bluetooth.
Hope it helps! Did for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
GenoT, that's a great solution.

What happens when a call comes in, does it go through the car Bluethooth, port to the car speakers or does it come through the phone?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It comes through the car bluetooth but music stops playing, and restarts when call is finished( but not all the time, sometimes I have to press play button again) I tried few players( Pandora, Google, ihartradio) and its work awesome.. No interruptions at all. But one thing, every another time(when you start your car) you have to connect bluetooth adapter trough your phone settings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts