Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALL:

We have a simple question regarding the RIGHT Blind Spot Warning. The left works as expected, but it seems there are times when a car can come up on our right and the RIGHT warning light on the mirror does not go off. Not sure if this is speed related. It seems to happen when we are going slow like on a ramp or in city traffic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW...29 views and no one has had a problem with this?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nope, I've personally never had mine not illuminate when a car was present.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had it light up sometimes when driving in the right lane and there is tall vegetation or sometimes something like a guardrail close to the curbline. Doesn't happen all the time, but does happen sometimes.

I have never had it happen if there is an empty lane to my right with no car there...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, I've personally never had mine not illuminate when a car was present.
WOW, my wife will be at the dealer today and I will tell her! Hers seems to work as she slows down and a car comes up on the right, but as they slow, if the other car falls behind again, it then seems to fail if it catches up to her...like it said "I already warned you once what more do you want me to do" :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wonder if that is something infiniti is aware of and are making changes to improve because i sure hope that is the case.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It will only work if you are driving 20mph or over. That is probably why it was off when you wee slowing down.
I just now saw that in section 5...I believe page 5-32 of the book. Our other car worked all the time! If you have to be going 20MPH it sure does not help in a parking lot.

Infiniti seems to have a bunch of claims in advertising, but how much can you check in a test drive. Then if you do buy the car, as we did, we find that some options do not work as claimed and Infiniti seems to feel that is just the way it is!

I hate to say this on a forum....OK, I won't but will be anxious to see what happens as we have a severe issue as well. I hope you all can open your rear doors from the inside! I know, we thought it was due to child safety locks, but on our car it is not. There is NO way to open the rear doors from the inside! This is a death trap if there is an accident and a rep is going to see just what is going on! The dealer did not believe it either and he too could not open the doors from the inside.. I HOPE this is just a fluke with our QX60 with every option on it!

Matt, is there a number where we can call Infiniti and get to talk to someone who cares and can help us?
PM me if you have any ideas!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that you put it like that, it sure does make sense. /
Well, I can tell you that the book says that. It also says that it will not work to warn you of a person or bike! My wife's previous car gave a warning if anyone or anything was detected! It was great in a parking lot (less than 20MPH) if someone tried to sneak by on the right. I must admit that some of these "features" on our QX60 leave a lot to be desired and Infiniti seems to think that it is just how it works! Yeah, great feature..it is sort of a blind spot warning. These are things that dealers and ads hilight, and you can not go over everything on a test drive or look at the manual. Why wouldn't you expect this to work without a minimum speed limit?!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Infiniti customer affairs is who you are going to want to talk to. Also, if you have a dealership that will not help you in a situation like this, find a new one because there are ones that are more than happy to help.

As for the blind spot warning. It is actually designed to be off in parking lots because it would be continuously going off for no reason as you are driving through. Hope this helps everyone.

·
Registered
136 Posts

As for the blind spot warning. It is actually designed to be off in parking lots because it would be continuously going off for no reason as you are driving through. Hope this helps everyone.
Right. It would be pretty useless in a parking lot. Mind you the backup collision works wonders when I'm pulling out of a perpendicular parking spot and can't quite see if anyone is coming down the road... the car senses, beeps and stops for you!

Personally as far as the safety features are concerned (BCW, DCA, FCW, BSW, etc.) I am very satisfied. My only quibble is that the DCA is a little too conservative for how I drive :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
I hope you all can open your rear doors from the inside! I know, we thought it was due to child safety locks, but on our car it is not. There is NO way to open the rear doors from the inside!
Yes I can confirm that I can open all my doors from the inside of my QX60. I live in Los Angeles and the blind spot warning monitors work great, as does the back up collision prevention. But the best feature is the all-around view monitor.

You can change the sensitivity settings of the warning sensors from the center monitor and you should definitely get the rear doors fixed. There is probably something wrong with the rear door child safety locks, it sounds like they are permanently engaged. I assume that you have tried to turn the knob in each rear door that engages and releases them, and that did not work, yes?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I can confirm that I can open all my doors from the inside of my QX60. I live in Los Angeles and the blind spot warning monitors work great, as does the back up collision prevention. But the best feature is the all-around view monitor.

You can change the sensitivity settings of the warning sensors from the center monitor and you should definitely get the rear doors fixed. There is probably something wrong with the rear door child safety locks, it sounds like they are permanently engaged. I assume that you have tried to turn the knob in each rear door that engages and releases them, and that did not work, yes?
Correct about the rear door as the dealer could not get them to unlock. We have to bring the car back.

As far as the cameras go they are great and actually why we bought the car for my wife. However, she was used to her 2012 Lincoln MKX and she misses having the warning beep if a person or bike was present. In fact, last night we were backing out and saw some people walk by on the camera, but no warning. In this situation, and a few others the Lincoln's features were far ahead of Infiniti.

She had some initial issues with the Lincoln as well, but they gave her the name and # of someone at Ford/Lincoln and they followed up until it was working right. So far, Infiniti will listen to her but not do anything.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Find another dealership if your sales consultant will not help you. Also, it will give you an audio warning if someone is in the cameras, so make sure your sonar volume is on. You can also adjust the sensitivity of those sonars in the settings as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Find another dealership if your sales consultant will not help you. Also, it will give you an audio warning if someone is in the cameras, so make sure your sonar volume is on. You can also adjust the sensitivity of those sonars in the settings as well.
We will have to look at where to set the audio warning if someone is in the cameras!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rooster...

"I assume that you have tried to turn the knob in each rear door that engages and releases them, and that did not work, yes?"

What KNOB are you talking about?

·
Registered
199 Posts
There is a knob on the inside of the door that you can switch up and down that puts the rear doors in safety mode. You did say that you brought it to the dealer though, so my guess is they did try this unless they are completely oblivious to how the QX60 works.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
There is a knob on the inside of the door that you can switch up and down that puts the rear doors in safety mode. You did say that you brought it to the dealer though, so my guess is they did try this unless they are completely oblivious to how the QX60 works.
OH, you mean the child safety on/off. I guess I did not think of this as a "knob" but a sliding switch. Was this changed as our QX60 has a small 1/4" shaft sticking out that you slide left and right. Not a knob that goes up and down.Yes, we tried this on each door. BOTH of the rear doors do this and can NOT be opened from inside the car!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts