Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced a set of Sumitomo HTR Enhance with these back in March, I have traveled about 8k miles in these Covid times and like the tires very much they seem to wear very well and provide very good levels of traction. I have not been in the snow with them yet but will post my impressions when I do. If my tire language deciphering skills still work the LT stands for Light truck, I use the Tire rack decision maker for tire advice most times and then shop for a good price and service backup. I usually get 18-20 months on a set so I have been trading with Town Fair Tire for a while. More in time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The BFG TA Sport-LT, have been on my '17 QX60 for about 7 months of this forgotten summer and about 26k miles. They are wearing like IRON with actually no visible wear at this time, over my last 3 oil changes no service advisor/mechanic has noted any change in tread depth. They are smooth riding, not noisy and don't have any adverse handling effects to report thru this period (IE:they track straight and don't get bothered by wet). We are about to enter the Winter of Covid(Ominous I know)and I will report my findings on ice and snow travel as they popup. These are a good choice if you are looking to replace original equipment $224.25/each all in, mounted ready to rock lifetime everything included. Carry On

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Misspoke my miles driven on these tires, I am at 16k miles not the 26k I mentioned

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here I am 14 months and about 35k in miles on these tires. I have not used an LT (light truck) tire on any vehicle previously that wasn’t a truck. So far very impressed excellent tread wear as in still not visible, handling still great for this not a sports car ride. Good in all road conditions snow, casual ice, dirt, rain all no problem. They have developed a slight hum but I’ll see what happens after a rotation. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was between these and the Michelin cross climate 2 tires. Got the Michelin’s since they were the same price after Sam’s club rebates. Overall I’m very impressed with the Michelin tires. The main complaints with the stock tires were a short life (25 - 30k miles) and very poor snow traction which the Michelin’s should fix while still offering decent handling.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I was between these and the Michelin cross climate 2 tires. Got the Michelin’s since they were the same price after Sam’s club rebates. Overall I’m very impressed with the Michelin tires. The main complaints with the stock tires were a short life (25 - 30k miles) and very poor snow traction which the Michelin’s should fix while still offering decent handling.
I just put Cross Climate 2 tires on my QX60, got them at Costco. Agree, the tire is excellent. My only question is how will they wear since they are unidirectional, and can only rotate front to back on the same side of the car? Otherwise they have to be remounted and balance to switch sides. So far, they are wearing great.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just put Cross Climate 2 tires on my QX60, got them at Costco. Agree, the tire is excellent. My only question is how will they wear since they are unidirectional, and can rotate front to back on the same side of the car? Otherwise they have to be remounted and balance to switch sides. So far, they are wearing great.
Front to back rotation is what I’m planning on doing. Possibly every oil change depending on wear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So here I am 14 months and about 35k in miles on these tires. I have not used an LT (light truck) tire on any vehicle previously that wasn’t a truck. So far very impressed excellent tread wear as in still not visible, handling still great for this not a sports car ride. Good in all road conditions snow, casual ice, dirt, rain all no problem. They have developed a slight hum but I’ll see what happens after a rotation. Highly recommended.
Of all the tires you’ve put on your QX60, which would you say were the best overall (comfort, handling, wear, etc).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At this time, these tires are quite good. Still with very little visible tread wear, they have however started to develop a hum(road noise). I find buying tires is mostly a personal preference, do you want comfort, low noise and the usual tread wear issues. IE: normal driver does 40-50k in 4-5 years I would shop for suv/cuv rubber. I’ve used Michelin, Continental, Cooper, Sumitomo and Toyo tread wear was about the same except the Toyo’s wore out first. These BFG’s wear very well yes they are Getting louder not oh my god what’s wrong loud just noticeable. Very little handling difference, that’s more a byproduct of the car than the tire. For normal mileage and usage I was impressed with the Sumitomo’s good wear, and great traction in all conditions. I am very impressed so far with these BFG’s, it’s my first time using an LT tire on one of these grocery grabbers. The tread wear is the most impressive trait, predictable handling, solid traction on everything but glare ice. I drive a lot, so I think I would throw in with these (BFG) at this time, biggest reason, if I could get 70k+ miles out of them that’s a huge bonus, two sets of tires in 4years instead of 3. Of course these are my opinions and your results may differ, best regards, Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts