Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see several posts on workarounds when you don't buy up to Bluetooth streaming. What workaround gets you the best quality for audio streaming?

I'm not interested in an iPod or USB stick as I want to stream Spotify and such.

Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
When I was researching to buy, I learned at the dealership that the base model did not have bluetooth streaming, which to me was unheard of. Researching found that people were getting around it by getting a powered bluetooth adapter, which normally comes with AUX output, and then used an AUX to RCA adapter to connect to the car's RCA inputs in the center console. If you go for super basic model, you could theoretically hide it in the center console. The ones I looked at had like a control fob thing that you would put somewhere to accept calls, control playback, etc. Either way, Bluetooth to AUX to RCA seems to be the best way for good audio quality.

Luckily, I ended up getting a car that did have the bluetooth streaming integrated, so I never needed to go that route. Shame on Infiniti though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
a $40k upper-tier vehicle should have no room for "base model" or basic in its description. Mine was $53k and for that price I expect it to have almost all the bells and whistles. The only thing mine doesn't have are 20's, panoramic view and lane departure warning. I love it, aside from it being way underpowered and the awful tranny.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I totally agree. That was why I was so shocked to find out the base model did not have bluetooth streaming. I don't care about the DVD players, as I don't even own any DVDs anymore (I'd be more interested if it was Blu-Ray player like the Durango) but I do wish I had gotten top tier to get the panoramic moonroof, cooled seats in the front, heated seats in the back, charger in the back. Those are features I really would have wanted, but didn't pay for. Hmmm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts