Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to get some information on the infotainment system on my ”new” 2018 QX60. It is running Android 2.3 it says, but both Infiniti apps in the App Store say my VIN is not compatible. It says it has an app garage. Is there a way to get more “apps” or update the current (it says ”install via USB” in the settings. I’ve heard this is a very dated system and that’s fine, it does the job and I didn’t expect CarPlay going into it. I’m just trying to see if there’s any way to update this or if anyone knows of someone that has “hacked” this version of android with a custom ROM or something.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What do you want to achieve with your hack? Most vehicle systems can't be hacked, there are just work arounds, like fooling the car to think its not moving when it is. A good audio shop can usually customize your system anyway you want. Example add Carplay, better speakers, amps, DVD while moving, access camera while moving etc.. The APPS, including, Intouch App is only available with factory navigation and require a subscription. Here is a list: https://pictures.dealer.com/beavertoninfiniti/3e7e11e60a0d028a010651eb68160783.pdf

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so the app garage is deceiving on the base model with no navigation? Gotcha. Has the ability supposedly to install apps via usb and support the app but not really. Typical car manufacturer I suppose. No worries. I know about other things like installing CarPlay and such and I would definitely have a shop install but it isn’t that high of priority.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts