Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was driving and the car suddenly dove on the right side at about 40 miles per hour. She came to a screeching halt and didn't realize what happened. I went to go check it out and it appears that the ball joint may have failed. It snapped the tie-rods and caused some underbody damage. The vehicle is getting repaired at a top-notch collision center and will be covered under insurance. The vehicle has 160k but only 3 years old. Here's a quick picture of the damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yikes. 160K is quite the wear! Glad everyone is safe glad it's being fixed with insurance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yikes. 160K is quite the wear! Glad everyone is safe glad it's being fixed with insurance

Yes and thank you. My 98 Lexus GS 400 has 245k with original ball joints. Never had a ball joint failure on any of my or my parents vehicles. I didn't think a 3 year old vehicle would have them fail so quickly but now I know. Now I have to get the other side replaced as now I know that this is a part that can fail due to the current mileage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
All vehicles have their weak points. Not saying the ball joints are a weak point but fairly common on SUVs (I've owned Hondas, Isuzus, and Infiniti's FWIW)

If you get your vehicle serviced regularly and they provide a "free inspection" they definitely dropped the ball on that one.... No pun intended?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts