Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 QX60- I had it in cruise control on the highway- I accelerated some to pass a car- it felt like something “grabbed” the gas pedal and it started to accelerate after I took my foot off of it. I was able to get it to release after several tries at braking and pressing the gas. I took it off of cruise control for the rest of my trip. I went through a toll and started to accelerate- the same thing happened where I was not in control of the gas pedal. I was able to get it to stop after several times braking and pressing the gas pedal to release. The service department can not figure out what is wrong. Has anyone ever experienced this or have any ideas on what is causing it? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Infiniti has had a few recalls for unintended acceleration, but those were a few years back and were hybrids. I wonder if switching it to Snow mode would have disabled the cruise control and stopped this? I believe that it disables cruise automatically. Maybe a misfunctioning cruise control module, thinking that the resume button is being pressed?

Some interesting research here on how to deal with this. Especially the part about cars with pushbutton start.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts