Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Not for my QX, but had one for my Jeep. I considered one for the QX but bought a box for the aerodynamics. I wasn't planning to haul tires, camping supplies, etc overhead. What do you plan to store in the basket?

The one you linked looks good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking for one that is known to fit

Not for my QX, but had one for my Jeep. I considered one for the QX but bought a box for the aerodynamics. I wasn't planning to haul tires, camping supplies, etc overhead. What do you plan to store in the basket?

The one you linked looks good.

I need to haul small suitcases etc. My concern is whether it'll be possible to install it on the curved cross bars. Also, the cross bars don't move, so don't know if the hooks underneath the basket will align or not.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I wasn't able to find the Rhino Rack clamp-size measurements, however visually it looks like they'll fit the cross bar. As you've stated, QX crossbars are fixed and won't move. The Rack clamps also look fixed so it's unlikely they'll both match perfectly.

If you can find rack clamp size and distance between measurements I can confirm with my crossbars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need to haul small suitcases etc. My concern is whether it'll be possible to install it on the curved cross bars. Also, the cross bars don't move, so don't know if the hooks underneath the basket will align or not.

I purchased a Curt roof basket and extender off craigslist before. I used it on my Acura MDX. Have not gotten a chance to use it on my QX. But they come with mounting clamps. You don't need to adjust your cross bars to fit the basket. You just set the basket on top and place the clamps accordingly and tighten. The curved cross bars do not really make a difference. Most cross bars are straight but my MDX cross bars are also curved and are actually just as curved as my QX. They stuck up thru the cargo basket a little but not enough to interfere with anything.

Keep in mind that you will have to center balance the basket once installing and equal balance the load once you set things in it. Also get yourself a basket net and ratchet straps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts