Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Here is the link
https://youtu.be/aOjvNEjgVpM

Interesting stuff. But I need something Android friendly. Hmmm.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.
I see Zoom app installed and available via car play, I wonder how it works, are you able to see presentation and shared screen? It would be great to attend conference call from car, of course careful driving or parked somewhere in between customer visits.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's sad that my MIL's 2015 Kia Sedona has a software update that can be downloaded for free online and installed on their vehicle to add this feature. :mad::mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought 2019 QX60 - no Apple Carplay

I bought our QX60 for many other reasons but I have to say I am disappointed in the basic bluetooth capability in the car. I don't like th interface on the Nav either - too complicated and not at all user friendly. Is there any new news on Apple Carplay coming to Infinity? It's software for goodness sake....just give us an update.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I too was surprised to see Apple CarPlay in the 2020 QX50 but not the QX60.
I contacted my dealer and asked them why, and was told it was a “dashboard configuration” problem in the QX60.
To bad, I think there is a lot of folks waiting for CarPlay in the QX60.
Maybe next year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yes, qx60 is due for a redesign 2021 model, which is why the 2020 qx60 model came out before every other model. the 2021 will have a dual screen just like the upcoming 2020 qx80, which is due this fall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 QX60. Anyone know any good aftermarket integrations that are compatible for carplay?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 QX60. Anyone know any good aftermarket integrations that are compatible for carplay?
This is the only one I’ve seen. No idea if it works well. https://naviks.com/i-24076696-2017-2019-infiniti-qx60wired-wirelessapple-carplay-wired-android-auto-usb-media-player.html

There will not be a retrofit for CarPlay from Infiniti. We’re all stuck with the outdated infotainment. If we could have waited 2 years to buy there’s no way I would buy the Infiniti now. Much better offerings from Hyundai and Kia with more tech and as much luxury.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the information this is good to know. I will continue to research as well and see if anything comes up in the months to come.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new to the board and to the car obviously. I'm shocked that this car is so lagging behind on this CarPlay thing even for 2019 models!!! But that's another conversation.

I've been doing a lot of research in short time... but looks like there are options to have CarPlay integration. Here are some updates. Ill start with good news.

YES:
Lsailt - Best place to buy is alibaba. I'm waiting from "Cosmo" to reply with the link.

NavTool: - They sell direct, USA made. My local shop uses them. One thing I'm waiting to confirm if I have to use their "steering-wheel" remote... which to me would be a deal-breaker. I like how Lsailt is a completely behind the scene option.

NAViKS - Also a USA Company. I'm waiting to confirm from them if car's controls can be used... and you didn't need their joystick. (one picture on their website shows a round knob).

naviplus - These guys are down-under... but they do have a kit for the Pathfinder. So it's basically a same thing. naviplus.com.au (found them via YouTube)

NO:
GROM - "Unfortunately we do not have an application for your vehicle at this time."

VAIS Technology - " we do not offer an Apple CarPlay products at this time."

Any of those quick plug-play units sold on AZ.

Crutchfield had no info (shocker... not). They said they haven't researched it enough yet. I'm assuming they don't want to put their name behind any options just yet.

I can post the replies from each company. But there are definitely options... just require some work. Next thing would be to call around and ask for install quotes if I wont do it myself. I live in MD.

Has anyone done the integration yet? How are the results?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Based on the facebook forum, multiple people installed it already.[/quote]

You literally posted this as I was typing my post! TU! I'll take a look at them also.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new to the board and to the car obviously. I'm shocked that this car is so lagging behind on this CarPlay thing even for 2019 models!!! But that's another conversation.

I've been doing a lot of research in short time... but looks like there are options to have CarPlay integration. Here are some updates. Ill start with good news.

YES:
Lsailt - Best place to buy is alibaba. I'm waiting from "Cosmo" to reply with the link.

NavTool: - They sell direct, USA made. My local shop uses them. One thing I'm waiting to confirm if I have to use their "steering-wheel" remote... which to me would be a deal-breaker. I like how Lsailt is a completely behind the scene option.

NAViKS - Also a USA Company. I'm waiting to confirm from them if car's controls can be used... and you didn't need their joystick. (one picture on their website shows a round knob).

naviplus - These guys are down-under... but they do have a kit for the Pathfinder. So it's basically a same thing. naviplus.com.au (found them via YouTube)

NO:
GROM - "Unfortunately we do not have an application for your vehicle at this time."

Crutchfield had no info (shocker... not). They said they haven't researched it enough yet. I'm assuming they don't want to put their name behind any options just yet.

I can post the replies from each company. But there are definitely options... just require some work. Next thing would be to call around and ask for install quotes if I wont do it myself. I live in MD.

Excellent summary. Thanks.

I’m looking forward to hearing your updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

YES:

NO:

This is awesome and some good information you have provided. I also live in MD and would definitely hire somebody to put something in and wouldnt even try to do it myself.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts