Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't find any fully loaded 2016 QX60 around my place that includes Theater package and with my choice of color. I found one with PR1, PR2, Cargo, and Advance tech. Can anyone suggest a good alternative to Theater package like using iPad or any other tablet. How can we connect a blu ray or good DVD player with iPad so that kids can watch movies on long travel.

·
Registered
225 Posts
We don't have the theater package and each kid has a device (iPad, iPod our Kindle) with headphones. Couldn't be happier! If the kids are too young to hold/control their own devices, there are some headrest mounts to hold iPads, and such, so you might be able to start a show, then set it up for the kid.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wish I could skip the theater package but wife wanted it for the kids. I have the GripDaddy ipad/tablet holder on my car and it works fine. But if you must, you can find built-in headrest on crutchfield.com for a lot cheaper then the theater package.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Right... You can buy everyone a device and have money left over for the price of the theater package. What we found, over the years having such packages, is that you stop using them if you have multiple children of different ages. In time, they all want different shows and they then want/need their own headsets...and the wireless ones they always complain about: comfort and/or working at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the response. I have twins and they are 7. I had a Odyssey so far with a Rear Entertainment System. That was very helpful during long rides. I think I can live with iPad option for now or I saw many car DVD players that could be attached to headrest.

·
Registered
250 Posts
What are people doing in mid 2017? Is tablet still the best idea? My precocious toddler (19 months) learned months ago to unlock tablet, go to Youtube and find the videos he likes. So I guess that wouldn't be a terrible solution if I can figure out an elegant way to tether to our phones and/or preload a bunch of his videos...

·
Registered
204 Posts
What are people doing in mid 2017? Is tablet still the best idea? My precocious toddler (19 months) learned months ago to unlock tablet, go to Youtube and find the videos he likes. So I guess that wouldn't be a terrible solution if I can figure out an elegant way to tether to our phones and/or preload a bunch of his videos...
You may wanna checkout SanDisk Connect 64GB Wireless Media Drive For Smartphones And Tablets - SDWS1-064G-A57 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DR8LAE2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_mXjmzbCAVBM14
There other similar solutions. I have yet to try it but I know folks on Pathfinder forum were using it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts