Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week we received our first measurable snowfall here in the northeast, that said I was able to use the AWD system in ways I had not been able to before. I am driving on Sumitomo enhance with 42k miles on them Observations:
First this is a front wheel drive vehicle with the rear axle being the occasional helper for traction, that being said right out of the box without doing anything drive knob in standard traction is very good directional control also (8” wet snow)
Second the knob has a snow setting, think of this as eco mode squared or cubed it dials back the engine response to limit wheel spin(someone will jump in to explain this better) in snow setting taking off from a dead stop in these conditions was no problem, climbing a steep driveway from a stand still also effortless.
Third there is a stability control button down near the power lift gate button areas, I believe this defeats the system and allows for wheel spin. It provides no noticeable difference, the car is very good in snow, stops well and turns well even in this slop. Highway speeds with some slop on the road were no problem as well.
This car will stop, start and turn in most normal snow conditions in any transmission setting, keep in mind that vehicles like this and most/all of its direct competitors are not Real off-road vehicles. They don’t have locking axles or transfer cases, but they do have a level of traction that will keep you moving in most conditions. My recent experience was with a set of tires that will be replaced this coming spring/summer for sure.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great to hear, thanks. I have AWD on mine and similar to what you said never slip. ever..... I think Infiniti's AWD is excellent.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I am glad to hear all of this. Thankfully no real snowfall yet here in Ohio, but this will be my first winter with our QX60. Also has Sumitomo tires, not sure what type, but they were brand new as of March. I have 5 kids, so literally use 3rd row for almost any trips I make, other than to and from work, so glad to hear the family should be secure in poor driving conditions. This is one of the major reasons I went with the QX60 thank you for your updates kbdixon!!

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Just for kicks, I drove our QX60 on the beach in Seaside Oregon last week and tried to spin the car out. The AWD worked extremely well and kept the car straight. The sand is compact and moist and similar to snow conditions. I love the QX60.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts