Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
Has anyone changed their own engine air filter (not the cabin air filter)? I ask is because I got the one off of amazon (K&N 33-2031-2) and followed the directions on changing the air filter according to the manual (8-18). When I got it out the filter was different in size than what I got. Basically the engine air filter looks like a trapezoid and the K&N is a rectangle. I know the one I got isn't for the cabin air filter so...

Am I missing something??? Or did I obviously get the wrong part to replace the engine air filter? If so, what's the correct part #?

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Yeller for your input.

Was your original engine air filter not a pentagon shape? I looked up the one you got and it is a rectangle shape.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Motor heads know that there's a reason K&N filters are high flow. The media passes more air because the "air holes" between the fibers are larger. Bigger particles can get through. I use a K&N on my muscle car and my truck, both of which have old school big block motors with relatively huge tolerances. I won't use them on a super precision modern motor. That's just asking for more wear.

·
Registered
663 Posts
What's the point of a K&N? It's incredibly expensive and (per another comment) lets more dirt into the motor.

If you're looking for HP, does an extra 5 really make the QX60 (which feels more like a minivan than a sports car) more exciting?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Careful yeller. If this were a Q50/G37 forum, you'd be starting a religious war. Almost as bad as talking about what kind of oil to use.

:laugh::laugh:0:)

Reactions: TranCana
1 - 8 of 8 Posts