Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leased a 2019 Qx60 Luxe AWD with Navigation. Also came with Bose speakers. My lease just expired today. I was really sure I did not want to keep the car because of Infiniti’s lack of including key tech features that even non-luxury cars have. I have a friend that has a 2019 Kia telluride and another friend with 2019 Subaru. Both cars have adaptive cruise control, both had the self steering/braking technology and they didn’t even get the top of the line models, I don’t have any of those features.

Tbh those are the main features that I felt like if I want to keep a pretty new car for the next few years, should have. The Qx60 is by far more comfortable than the Telluride tho. I guess I also fell in love with the new 2022 Qx60 exterior and new interior dash setup, because although my Qx60 is a 2019, the dash is the same for infinitis for the last decade so it doesn’t feel like a ‘2019’ model.

Visual complaints aside, I live in NYC so I love the Qx60 for the crappy roads here, eats up the bumps and potholes like nothing.

Main reason I decided in buying out the car is price. I refuse to pay $850/month lease for the 2022 QX60 or even a Hyundai Palisade which I really liked but can’t justify the price. I was paying $440 a month lease for my Qx! I only have 25k miles on mine and the lowest price I see on Carmax with the same features is $36k-37k, my lease buyout price is $28.2k. That’s too attractive of a price to give up.

Sorry for the long post, but if you made it here, I appreciate you guys reading up on my venting. Now I’m looking for recommendations on mods/accessories/anything I can do to my Qx so I can get a refreshing feeling lol.

I just ordered the Unavi CarPlay, and willing to spend a few grand to do whatever to improve the experience. Let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
899 Posts
..Both cars have adaptive cruise control, both had the self steering/braking technology and they didn’t even get the top of the line models, I don’t have any of those features.
A few thoughts:
The previous gen QX60’s come with adaptive cruise control (ACC) and a ghetto-type of lane centering (using brakes rather than the actual steering wheel). It sucks and doesn’t work. That being said, ACC is pretty good. Any reason why you didn’t get the ACC feature?

I hear you about buying a previous gen while looking at the current gen. I once bought a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee (original body style) and the very next year (1999) Jeep came out with the new sleek body style. I still remember that feeling.

Your wallet, bank account, accountant and family will thank you for saving $500/month. Want vs need is always painful, but you made the right choice. Also, the 2022’s seem to be having a number of growing problems, you may have regretted your decision if the vehicle was in the dealership for repairs. Same for the first time you realize someone scratched your front/rear bumper. In fact, it’s likely already happened since you live in NYC.

Good call buying the Unavi, you’ll enjoy it. I’m planning to get it in January after all the holiday craziness dies down.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Besides the UNAVI CarPlay I added the OEM (dealer) tow package for my bike carrier, a rear cargo net (Amazon) which is a must to keep groceries, etc. from flying out and a USB (Amazon) hardwired charger in the back (which I use in the front to keep the wire from floppy around in front).

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Grille
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle door

1 - 5 of 5 Posts