Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to Infiniti. I've got a 2014 QX60 AWD that came without Navigation. I'd like to be able to see the map while driving on the screen. Anyone have ideas on how to make that possible? I've considered a mirroring solution, replacing the entire radio/nav unit with one from the same year that has been salvaged, etc. I'd sure appreciate any and all feedback!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Good question, but adding OEM nav may be more than a head unit. Buttons and voice interface, DVD/HD unit in the glove box and other bits are impacted.

You may be better off screen mirroring from your cell phone. Plus, after living with my built-in nav for six years, it's definitely a challenge to use (add address, find places, etc..) keep updated, and the graphics are horrible.

Someone started is another thread on this site that replaces the entire head unit with an Android solution and it looks sweet. I'd recommend going that route rather trying to get an Infiniti solution working.

Then again, a vent cell phone mount can be had for $2.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
There's more to it than just the screen and the unit in the dash. There's the antenna, the wiring, etc.

Your best bet is to get a good dash mount for your phone and use that.

Reactions: MarengoMac
1 - 3 of 3 Posts