Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a used 2015 QX60, and it only came with 1 remote. We'd like to add a spare. Pop-A-Lock said they can do the programming for $125, but it would be cheaper for me to buy the remote online. Do I simply need to match the FCC ID: KR5S180144014, or do I also need to match the CONTINENTAL NR : S180144014? Will the Nissan part CONTINENTAL NR : S180144020 work also?

I also see unlocking services on ebay. Will any used remote work, or does the old programming have to be removed from the remote before it can be programmed to my car?

Is there an OBD unit that I can purchase to do the programming myself?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Nearly every time I see a client try this route, they end up wasting money. Unless those folks are guaranteeing their work, I'd suggest getting it from the dealer. If I remember correctly, all 15's have remote start capability, so if you buy a remote with remote start button, it should work. Plus, dealer will have to reprogram the key you got with your car to work also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there an OBD unit that I can purchase to do the programming myself?

Is there? a good OBD unit or computer software to modify those codes that are allowed to be manipulate, I've seen bad reviews for many of them.

If you use a simpler OBD2 scanner/reader; which one has giving you the best performance?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts