Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2013-15 models that don’t have 2nd row USB ports, you can easily add them by ordering the Cllena Universal Car USB socket (Amazon), which I find looks the best OEM wise and is backlit in white.

I just tapped into the 12V socket.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Looks much better than my ghetto job. I ended up pushing a short 2-USB port into the lighter socket. I'm sure your version pushes more wattage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks much better than my ghetto job. I ended up pushing a short 2-USB port into the lighter socket. I'm sure your version pushes more wattage.

Yes they are two port DC 5V 3.1A USB socket charger, input: 12-24V.

·
Registered
164 Posts
That looks very nice! If I hadn't read your post, I would have just thought the picture was a stock photo of factory production. That looks amazing! Great job!

·
Registered
572 Posts
For 2013-15 models that don’t have 2nd row USB ports, you can easily add them by ordering the Cllena Universal Car USB socket (Amazon), which I find looks the best OEM wise and is backlit in white.

I just tapped into the 12V socket.

Golftango, I bought the same USB socket (thanks for the link), any suggestions on how to pull the 2nd row panel off to access the wires? I don't want to break anything assuming you just pull....

Also, I'm assuming you used a rotary tool to cut the hole?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Golftango, I bought the same USB socket (thanks for the link), any suggestions on how to pull the 2nd row panel off to access the wires? I don't want to break anything assuming you just pull....

Also, I'm assuming you used a rotary tool to cut the hole?
The entire panel pulls off, you'll see the line around the top of the vents, down the sides of the console. Just grab it by the sides and tug. Example:

I used a sharp utility knife to score the cutout, then kept at it. You can use a dremel too.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The entire panel pulls off, you'll see the line around the top of the vents, down the sides of the console. Just grab it by the sides and tug. Example:

I used a sharp utility knife to score the cutout, then kept at it. You can use a dremel too.
SUCCESS!!! Only took about 1 hour including setup/install/cleanup. Install was about 15 minutes since I used wire taps, and no soldering.

Thanks again...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts