Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my wife and I have finally narrowed down our search for a new used crossover and are currently negotiating a deal on a 2015 QX60 with only 18,100 miles (1 owner, non smoker, no pets, no reported accidents, scratches, dents or interior staining!). It's fully loaded with the tech package and all the sensors, sonar, bells and whistles (roof rack, chrome moldings, bumper saver...). In short... it's really nice.
This morning I was reviewing a number of forms and vehicle info, but realized the motion activated lift gate was introduced in 2017 and up. I mean, it's not a deal breaker, but wifey really liked that feature as she's a stay at home mom and runs all the errands with the kids during the week. Is this something that can can be added to a 2015 (no towing hitch)? If so, what parts would I need and what's a rough cost?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@humvet and @sgtr275 Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated.
Nevertheless, we're still waiting for the vehicle to ship to one of our local dealerships and will pull the trigger if everything is satisfactory given the motion activated lift gate was a "nice to have" and not a "must have" for my wife.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
With enough $$$, you can do almost anything.

When that feature first was announced I was really psyched for it. I thought it would be a big convenience and selling feature. Now that I've used it, I'm couldn't care less. Its so easy to open the tailgate, even with hands full. Just press the button under the chrome finisher. You can even do it while standing steady on both feet. Try doing a rockette kick with an armload of groceries - its not easy. Yes, I can concoct a scenario where kick-to-open is nice (carrying a table or other furniture with another person). But it wouldn't be worth spending money on, IMO.

·
Registered
250 Posts
We have it on my wife's Escape. I don't care for it.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts