Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who own a JX35 or QX60 with Adaptive Cruise Control, please let me know your experience with it. What advantages (or disadvantages if any) have you experienced in using it in your driving as opposed to normal cruise control? Is it worth the extra money? If you were to buy a vehicle again would adaptive cruise control be a necessity?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Eric

·
Registered
210 Posts
Its a neat feature. it does work. only time it gets confused is if there is a turn that is also a decline or incline.

its not meant for you to not pay attention at all when using cruise control.
but it makes for less button pressing and brake pedal activity.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Its a neat feature. it does work. only time it gets confused is if there is a turn that is also a decline or incline.

its not meant for you to not pay attention at all when using cruise control.
but it makes for less button pressing and brake pedal activity.
Letting the system do everything and relying on it completely is the biggest mistake some people can make. How much longer do you guys think it will be till we see a self driving Infiniti that needs no driver intervention?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks foreverJX for your experience.

I agree with both you and QxSixty that a driver should still pay attention and not let the system do everything.

Does anyone else who has this safety feature have some thoughts they would like to share?

Thanks again,

Eric

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks foreverJX for your experience.

I agree with both you and QxSixty that a driver should still pay attention and not let the system do everything.

Does anyone else who has this safety feature have some thoughts they would like to share?

Thanks again,

Eric
Yeah i'd also like to hear from someone with some real world experience, because real world matters!

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you are in traffic and come to a complete stop the Adaptive Cruise Control will turn off and you will have to re-engage it. This makes is slightly less useful for getting through traffic with minimal effort.

Generally the system is great for highway driving though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you are in traffic and come to a complete stop the Adaptive Cruise Control will turn off and you will have to re-engage it. This makes is slightly less useful for getting through traffic with minimal effort.

Generally the system is great for highway driving though.
One of the ways to solve that is for them to have them system detect when the driver would want it to come on and send a notification so they can easily select or deselect it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't find the adaptive cruise control to be a necessity, but it is a nice feature to have if you have the money to spend on it. Can you get regular old cruise control instead for cheaper or is the adaptive version the only one that you can pick now?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The QX60 comes standard with regular cruise control. The adaptive (intelligent) cruise control is part of the Driver Assistance Package that retails for $1,900. The package also includes other safety features. It is available when the Premium & Premium Plus packages are added to the vehicle.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't find the adaptive cruise control to be a necessity, but it is a nice feature to have if you have the money to spend on it. Can you get regular old cruise control instead for cheaper or is the adaptive version the only one that you can pick now?
Have you ever been stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour or two? :D

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I'm on a 10,000 mile trip (currently at 3,500 miles) and am spoiled by it. We hit horrible weather for 3 days straight and used it most of the way. It kept me a safe distance from other vehicles during heavy rain. When we got blasted by 18 wheelers where you couldn't see the road well, I kicked it off. At times, the road conditions (snow and rain) were so bad that the system shut off as a safety feature. What I liked is that I could switch to standard cruise mode when the IBA system light was on, disabling auto braking and adaptive cruise. To be honest, I am sold on the feature. Just the fact that it will keep you at a safe distance is worth it. There are times when someone merges onto the highway in front of you, and you just have to cancel or brake then re-set the system. I'll be writingmabout this road trip on the InfinitiJX.com forum at the conclusion of the trip. I'm so glad I have the fully loaded JX. Several features light blind spot and lane departure have been extremely helpful in the worst weather I've ever driven in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts