Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 qx60 seems to have an issue getting the inside cool. I set it to 60 f mode auto and it takes 25 minutes before it starts slowing the fans down automatically. It's 90 f outside and the temp out of the vents are 48 f. Is this typical because its crappie. The vents don't really blow that hard but I have no way of testing it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My 2015 qx60 seems to have an issue getting the inside cool. I set it to 60 f mode auto and it takes 25 minutes before it starts slowing the fans down automatically. It's 90 f outside and the temp out of the vents are 48 f. Is this typical because its crappie. The vents don't really blow that hard but I have no way of testing it.
What? Cooling the temp from 90 deg F to 60 deg F in 25 minutes is great performance. Yes in auto it will blow air at max fan speed until the set the temperature is reached (60 deg F is **** cold), then it will slow the fan speed and maintain temp. Turn off auto mode and run the a/c in Manuel mode if you don't like how hard the air blows, you can also set the thermostat to a normal temp like 70 deg F and leave it in auto mode. You do realize that setting the a/c temp in auto is the desired temp of the cabin, not the temp out of the vents, right? 48 deg temp air out of the vents is cold, it is working correctly. Read the Manuel to get a better understanding of how it works.

·
Registered
225 Posts
And setting the temperature to 60 does not cool the car to 70 any faster than setting it to 70 in the first place.

·
Registered
39 Posts
And setting the temperature to 60 does not cool the car to 70 any faster than setting it to 70 in the first place.
Agreed, setting the minimum temp just tells the car you want fan at max speed. That's why I just use the auto temp control. Leave it between 70-72 and it does everything for me.

"It's too hot"...no it's not, set for 70. "It's too cold"...no it's not, set for 70.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just used to cars cooling down in 5 Minutes. . I guess the bigger vehicle makes it take much longer. I'm just not happy with the fans top speed at max. It doesn't seem like it blows air out fast enough. I wonder if we could somehow increase the fans blower speed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Now we're getting somewhere... It's over 120 degrees in my car when I get in and about 95 outside. Mine cools off in 2-3 minutes, no problem. Unless you have some vents closed, or are not using the rear system, something else could be going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mines black. If it's 90 outside and I start up the car and put it on 70 f auto it will take 20 min or more before the fan speed lowers and it gets close to 70 f in the car. This is with the rear on 60 f high speed always on. What's everyone's cool down time when it's around 90 outside.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As I said, mine is cool (not 70 but cool) in 2-3 minutes. It will take a long time to get to 70 and if it's sunny, the fan will continue to run at, or close to, full speed fit a long time. This is what I would expect. There is tremendous heat gain in a car. If you have a kitchen instant read thermometer, put it in a vent with the AC on and see if the temp is 55 or so inside the vent after a minute or two. I would expect that (when on recirc mode). If not, have your dealer check it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts