Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AC feels slightly cool when the car is moving, but if I stop or am caught in stop/go traffic the AC feels like it's not working. I had the AC checked by a mechanic buddy of mine and the system is holding the correct pressure. The system was working fine prior to the car being damaged when the vehicle experienced ball joint failure. The car has been repaired but now we're dealing with the loss of AC. In a black vehicle and in Texas (100+) heat we need to try and find a solution to this ASAP. My insurance company has agreed to pay to run a diagnostic on the AC to see if they can find out what the problem is but if the issue did not occur due to the accident or complications from the repair shop causing the problem, I may have to pay OOP. Anyone every experience this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My AC feels slightly cool when the car is moving, but if I stop or am caught in stop/go traffic the AC feels like it's not working. I had the AC checked by a mechanic buddy of mine and the system is holding the correct pressure. The system was working fine prior to the car being damaged when the vehicle experienced ball joint failure. The car has been repaired but now we're dealing with the loss of AC. In a black vehicle and in Texas (100+) heat we need to try and find a solution to this ASAP. My insurance company has agreed to pay to run a diagnostic on the AC to see if they can find out what the problem is but if the issue did not occur due to the accident or complications from the repair shop causing the problem, I may have to pay OOP. Anyone every experience this?
is the AC button turned on? it's like a 2 button combination to access the AC button, kinda annoying.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is the AC button turned on? it's like a 2 button combination to access the AC button, kinda annoying.
Yes the system is working and turned on. It cools but not while at idle. It only cool slightly when moving at a pretty good pace and it starts to cool down after about 10 mins or so.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had AC checked out by the dealer and they showed that it was low on freon. They recovered .6 lbs. of freon and recharged with 1.8 pounds. The truck cools like it used to before...thank goodness.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Had AC checked out by the dealer and they showed that it was low on freon. They recovered .6 lbs. of freon and recharged with 1.8 pounds. The truck cools like it used to before...thank goodness.
Hopefully they found the leak too. You'll be back to the dealership complaining about AC problems soon if they didn't.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully they found the leak too. You'll be back to the dealership complaining about AC problems soon if they didn't.
My local Infiniti dealer checked the whole system. No leaks. The system is sound. It seems the AC has never been checked in the 4 years that it's been operating so it was simply low on freon. Thank goodness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC issues 14 QX60

I'm going on my 4th visit to the repair shop due to AC issues. It seems the connector that connects to the AC compressor keeps burning out. Any idea how I can remedy this issue? Have any of you all had this issue before? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC issues 14 QX60

I'm going on my 4th visit to the repair shop due to AC issues. It seems the connector that connects to the AC compressor keeps burning out. Any idea how I can remedy this issue? Have any of you all had this issue before? Thanks in advance.
A/C compressor connector burning out . they haven't fix the problem cus they want to keep getting pay t. A/C compressor clutch is putting to much load and or drawing to much current and consequences are melting the connector . just replace A/C compressor and there will be no more melting connector .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts