Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, just wanted to express thank you to everyone for helping me out when I before purchasing my QX 60. Overall loving the car but had more issues so far than every other car combined I've ever owned.

I bought it certified used fully loaded with every package there is: THEATER PACKAGE, TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE, DELUXE TOURING PACKAGE, PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE, PREMIUM PACKAGE with two roofs, and seat coolers. The packages really make a difference in experience.

Anyway lets get to the bad part.
1. A week after I purchased it I had a loud noise which was catalytic converter (very loud when accelerating) the dealer replaced it under warranty.
2. Then, my next stop within a month was for flapping noise in the door which turned out to be a common problem in this car at high speeds which they fixed, but it took them twice because the first time they forgot to fix it and do an oil change :eek:
3. Today, I am having issue at around 20mph and going slowly up, the car starts to shake like its if you drive a manual in very low third gear but you should be driving in 1st gear.
4. Currently the car is in service again because my driver seat cooler and heater works for only about 20 seconds and when it does its very weak and completely unusable, so I am having the whole fan replaced because the first time they thought it was the electrical connections which they replaced. Hope the replaced fan will fix this problem.
5. My lane assist seems to stop working as well months ago which was annoying at first, but now it no longer works, so its not a big deal anymore :D
6. I have some more minor noises from speakers when I play bass(y) songs which sometimes drives me nuts, but they said the noise coverage is only like the first 10k miles, so that could cost me a lot in the end, so I'm dealing with it.

Overall I am loving the car, even though I've had more issues than all the cars combined together I have had. I will be hitting 60 k in the next few months, so I hope I won't be experiencing too many issues. Will most likely be selling it next year or year and a half though, planning on keeping it until 75-80k and then get rid of it and getting 2018 or 2019 one depending on the best deals or maybe even switching to another car completely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like your transmission. It should show up when the shop plugs it in. Mine went at similar milage. I've since found out its VERY common.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like went out completely? Is this warranty the powertrain? or I should start bugging them again before I hit the 60k? Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its an extended warranted issue as far as I know. I took my car in for something else and when they plugged it in the issue popped up. They did the replacement for free. I believe they are doing it up to 120,000KM or something like that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts