Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how the 3rd row ventilation was? Do owners find it adequate to cool down vehicles on a hot summer day as well as maintain circulation so passengers do not feel queasy?

Before checking out QX60 again, I stopped by Hyundai dealership. The Santa Fe has both individual 3rd row thermostat controls as well as vents placed up high on the supports between 2nd row and third row windows.

Then, I was surprised on my last visit to the Infiniti dealer to find zero vents in the third row. The sales associate was not sure why the manufacturer chose to remove them from earlier years designs.

After later talking with some other dealerships over the phone and email, I am told there are vents but they are hidden and slightly awkwardly placed down low.

I have to go back to dealer to see if I can find them, but I am worried about getting enough circulation for passengers as well as dogs if I fold down seat and lay a bed for them.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
We asked about this on the 2016 model. The answer was that Infiniti experimented with cooling the rear of the vehicle. It supposedly worked better with vents just in the second row than it did when we had them in all three rows.

Either way, the people in the third row are second class citizens. Why treat them well? At least they aren't forced to ride the third row of a Hyundai.

Reactions: el_cableguy
1 - 2 of 2 Posts