Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Any thoughts on using the 3M paint spray film to cover the interior flooring?
The front step ups, rear walkways etc... show a lot of dirt and grain scratches easily, more so with teh wheat interior...
I have tried this yesterday and I am crios o see if anyone hass attepted this?
Cheers!
--njexpress

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I originally used the 3M tape to cover the side walls a door sills. It worked well but was tricky to get it to look good and stay intact. When I purchased the WeatherTech Digiform mats, it helped keep the scuffs down. IWhen I had the car detailed by Infiniti last fall, the tech removed the film. Oh well!

If you try the spray, let us know how it works.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did try it - Issue is: it starts peeling so quick - The layer is so thin I am not sure it makes any real diff.
Also, it takes at least 4 hours a layer to cure and the doors need to be left open for proper drying / curing. If you gotta spray multiple coats, you have to keep this into consideration. But it is easier to clean than the floor plastic surface as the films coats uniformly over the texture...
Hope this helps...
Cheers!
--njexpress

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I've seen this product before and it looks very good. I had my cars professionally done with the film, but I'll probably try this on an older van just in case I mess it up.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've seen this product before and it looks very good. I had my cars professionally done with the film, but I'll probably try this on an older van just in case I mess it up.
Well... if you're getting it done by a pro then I dont see too much of an issue. Just make sure it's done by an "installer" that has done it many times so they actually know how to work with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well... if you're getting it done by a pro then I dont see too much of an issue. Just make sure it's done by an "installer" that has done it many times so they actually know how to work with it.

If you're going to pay someone to install it, then you might as well go for the full clear bra for roughly $700. It would look FAR better especially if you pick the Xpel brand. Second best is Venture Shield and last is Autobahnd from my multiple car experience. All my cars now have Xpel EXCEPT one car where I was playing around with the 3M....

I absolutely butchered the job (good thing painting is not my real job). But the point, as I say to my wife, is that it protects the front of the car during winter. AND it comes off easily so if I don't like the results, then I'll cough up the $700 for Xpel. Otherwise, it was a $25 trial that was worth every penny. I had multiple coats on the front of my car with one can.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, getting back to the original reason this thread was started :):
It peled off 100% from wear after two weeks and the floor plastic was showing again - So: I suggest, don't bother, just invest in a bottle of Armor All ultra shine and spend 30 minutes every week using it...
Cheers!
--njexpress

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well, getting back to the original reason this thread was started :):
It peled off 100% from wear after two weeks and the floor plastic was showing again - So: I suggest, don't bother, just invest in a bottle of Armor All ultra shine and spend 30 minutes every week using it...
Cheers!
--njexpress
Good solution, 30 minutes a week isn't a bad time investment at all, doable for anyone if they make the time for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts