Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,

Anyone else get a cost like this from their Infiniti service department?

I called Nissan and they do the same thing for $300 for a pathfinder.

What am I missing, besides a luxury upcharge?

Thanks,

JD

·
Registered
39 Posts
30K miles service

This is what I posted on another thread. $229 at my local Infiniti dealer.

The original poster shopped around at other dealership and got similar pricing.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
229 is more doable but really you're paying for an oil change tire rotation and a cabin filter replacement. Which should be ball park 100 bucks. I would ask for those 3 items separately and see if it's cheaper. These are dealer prices. They are what they are. Even I'm guilty of not caring sometimes and just paying the bill for it. But I would never pay a thousand bucks. Another good idea is to ask for the inspection criteria of the items at that they will be inspecting. I find it hard to believe that any dealership actually perform the inspection

·
Registered
39 Posts
229 is more doable but really you're paying for an oil change tire rotation and a cabin filter replacement. Which should be ball park 100 bucks. I would ask for those 3 items separately and see if it's cheaper. These are dealer prices. They are what they are. Even I'm guilty of not caring sometimes and just paying the bill for it. But I would never pay a thousand bucks. Another good idea is to ask for the inspection criteria of the items at that they will be inspecting. I find it hard to believe that any dealership actually perform the inspection

Maybe you are thinking of parts only for $100. Here is a break down for my last visit at the dealership at slightly over 30K miles. The 30K service is $229. Not going with the package, I only do the oil change (about $75). Yes I can do it cheaper but I like to give them my minimum service. The engine air filter service is $40 by itself. The Cabin air filter service is $85 by itself. OEM air cabin filter is about $40. So they end up doing the oil only. I ordered the filters and doing it myself. It's funny they send me an email weeks later to remind me of the outstanding things to do with a 10% discount. I also need new tires soon so they recommended it but I am getting them at Costco instead.

With that said, $229 is a very reasonable deal if you don't want your hands dirty or 1-2 hours of your time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow oil change at 79. Are they putting fully synthetic in your car? I'm still using factory recommended per manual and that is what my dealership also uses. Some dealerships up charge by recommending synthetic blend and synthetic which is not necessary unless you are putting some heavy workload on these vehicles or tuning your engine

·
Registered
51 Posts
FWIW, most Nissan dealers will perform the same service on an Infiniti. Have you checked with a Nissan dealer?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow oil change at 79. Are they putting fully synthetic in your car? I'm still using factory recommended per manual and that is what my dealership also uses. Some dealerships up charge by recommending synthetic blend and synthetic which is not necessary unless you are putting some heavy workload on these vehicles or tuning your engine

Full synthetic for the $71 for full synthetic and $64 otherwise. There is also a $79 package for regular oil with tire rotation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think $300 is a fair charge...a little surprised by the $229.

Not sure what others do for a living, or how little they charge for an hour of their services, but the dealer does need to pay a trained tech to complete the job.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Oil changes are rarely done by trained techs (at least around me). They are $10/hr folks, if that. That's why my dealer always has a "coupon" for $48, or something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts