Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my car off this morning for the 30,000 mile service.
The dealer has 3 options $500, 1000 or $1,500

The $1,000 is the regular service plus new windshield wipers and 'de-carbonization'

The sales pitch for de-carbonization was impressive.

I wish I had more time and could have asked more about the 1500 dollar version!

·
Registered
641 Posts
IMO, stop by Walmart and buy/replace your own wipers, skip the de-carbonization.

Look at your maintenance manual, it'll tell you exactly what needs to be reviewed at 30k.

Here is what I follow:
- 45K Brake fluid
- 30K Diff fluid
- 60k CvT fluid
- 30k Power Steering fluid
- 105 Spark plugs
- 60k Coolant
- 4.5k Oil

·
Registered
20 Posts
A de carbonization is required for all GDI engines these days which pretty much every manufacturer uses. It’s bad in Ford, BMW etc. I haven’t seen a lot of info on Infiniti but the process is the same. there’s tons of info out there on it. I try to do my own each year but it only helps a little and “hopefully” keeps the carbon from building up too much. I used Amsoil PowerFoam but you can also use Seafoam or CRC (as a DIY). I don’t think I’ll ever do the walnut blast; but only if I plan to keep the QX60 more than 10 years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did it on my G37 at the dealership and seemed to freshen things up a bit. At least in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm certain the decarbonisation would make the car accelerate faster, well because your wallet is so much lighter!

Some GDI engines really need this service, but to say it is needed for all GDI engines is not true. I am going to wait and see what trends show for the VQ35DD engine (new for 2017 models) before I get concerned about this type of treatment.
Nissan has been doing GDI in Japan for a while, I hope they learned some stuff before it's intro for North America.

·
Registered
456 Posts
For a GDI engine, the best thing you can do is only use TOP TIER™ gasoline. If you not familar with TOP TIER gasoline, read up on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts