Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my average miles per year took a hit over this Covid 12 months but I have rolled thru 120,000 miles. I am still quite pleased with this SUV overall, my true out of pocket expenses have been primarily normal maintenance. Tires-on my 3rd set, Oil changes every 5k, brakes rotors-once, transmission fluid-once, on my third all wheel drive coupling-warranty, one fan shroud-warranty, replaced the battery yesterday (thought it was time, but had zero issues). Competent, comfortable and economical 23mpg in my use. I would be classed as someone who beats the crap out of a car, but takes care of it. I generally keep them till they are used up, I am a 60+ year old sales person who travels a lot on business/pleasure. Would I buy another yes, it just might be a 50 instead of a 60, not sure yet. There are plenty of miles left in here, initial fears like many (CVT) it has operated with zero issues, it does take some adaptation on the drivers part.(It just performs its job differently) Infiniti obviously believes there is an issue with perception, they are going to a conventional transmission in the new pathfinder/QX60. Questions/comments accepted

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm surprised the differential coupling is so troublesome, what mileages have yours failed at?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First time was about 60k, second just before the lockdown so probably 100k, just a pita

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well as long as Infiniti covers the cost I guess...otherwise an expensive pita.
You really don’t see it mentioned on here very much but on the Pathfinder forum it comes up quite a bit. I see your Canadian flag so I would guess you are awd as well, slowspeed sharp turns you can hear and feel the rears pushing you straight. Kind of like an old school 4WD locking hub setup. Still I like it a lot

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've said this in a couple of threads now - this vehicle is one of the best values in the luxury SUV segment. I have a 2017 with 42k miles. I just don't understand the hate for this vehicle at times. Comfortable, quiet, still looks good, etc. Naturally, there are things that could have been more contemporary but everything is functional. I've been more than satisfied with it. I can't imagine why my SUV wouldn't be as operable at 122k miles as yours.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've said this in a couple of threads now - this vehicle is one of the best values in the luxury SUV segment. I have a 2017 with 42k miles. I just don't understand the hate for this vehicle at times. Comfortable, quiet, still looks good, etc. Naturally, there are things that could have been more contemporary but everything is functional. I've been more than satisfied with it. I can't imagine why my SUV wouldn't be as operable at 122k miles as yours.
I totally agree with you Tony, I think the CVT transmission actually gets a bad rap(enough they are going to a conventional model in the ‘22) it is still an attractive alternative to all the cookie cutters out there. Very comfortable for the long haul.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The CVT does get far too much negative press, mostly from those who have never owned a car with CVT. The chain drive CVT is quite durable, and if Jatco had introduced the chain 5 years earlier with a better valve body...well there would be far less concerns about CVT longevity.

As I've said here before, the belt or chain is rarely the cause of failure in the CVT, it remains that the valve body poops the bed virtually all the time NOT the belt or chain. The belt or chain will fail after the valve body if the problem is not dealt with promptly.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I'm one of the original moderators. I started with the JX35 back in 2012 and never had an issue in 56K miles. I traded it in for the 2016 which now has 53K on it. The car still runs like brand new and is showing very little wear. I'm on my second set of tires and a set of rear brakes and thats it. I've always liked the CVT but am intrigued by the 9 speed transmission due in the 2022 model. I'm still not sure if I'll jump to the new model yet. I've been lucky with first year vehicles but I think I might want to wait. My wife purchased a fully loaded 2019 QX50 and its awesome. What did chap my hyde was that Infiniti put the Apple/Android Car Play in the 2020 model. Just recently I received an e-mail from Infiniti that AT&T will be dropping their 3G Network next year which will impact the Infiniti Connection which I do use frequently. They did the same thing with the JX35 and the 2G Network. You'd think Infiniti would compensate their users for losing this feature. I'm hopeful that this will not be an issue for the upcoming 2022 model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts