Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
A few thoughts…

You have an amazing car and I’m jealous. We have an old M35 that we’re looking to trade in when the 23’s come out (hopefully in a few months).

FEB is emergency-based so you really need to be in that type of situation before it engages. Comparing against previous gen is a bad example since the old ones are overly sensitive, engaging way too early. To test you need to barrel towards a brick wall/stopped car. What did you do to test FEB?

Your dealership feedback is concerning. Their mechanics attend a ton of training in order to deal with every conceivable problem on the 22’s. When the mechanics are stumped, they have an Infiniti hotline where super-special mechanics fly out to assist/fix. If you really have a problem, they need to fix it and not blow you off. Don’t let them off easy by saying it’s a new vehicle.
The only way I know how to test, and the service person did the same, was to be driving and rapidly approaching a moving car in front, so yes, a dangerous way to test the FEB, but the only way we both knew how to try and get the system to engage. I do appreciate the conversation - in hopes I uncover something to help Infiniti address the issue.

Thank you!

Update - what I have learned so far: My old JX35 had Intelligent Brake Assist with Front Collision Warning - was FANTASTIC in that it would slow the car down with plenty of notice. It appears that the new QX60 no longer has this feature. FEB will attempt to alert upon an impending accident, but I can tell you that I tested it again, and by the time it activated there would be no way to stop the accident from occurring. I learned this from a different salesperson at a different dealership - so I have to take some blame for not testing before buying the car - but I absolutely inquired with my salesperson at the original dealership. So it appears to have FEB - but not FCW/IBA which was such a great feature. I can't imagine how much of a bath I will take if I get rid of this autograph - but I am absolutely going to look into getting rid of it.

I'm back - have decided to sell the car - I have barely driven the car. Infiniti sent a sales tech to inspect the car - the only way to have front brake assist is when in cruise control. I'm going to sell - anyone interested. I haven't driven because I didn't want to put many miles on it so there are less than 300 miles when posting. I would like to get $70K - I will be taking a loss after taxes, tags, etc. It is listed on cars.com if you prefer. My mistake is your opportunity.

I'm back - have decided to sell the car - I have barely driven the car. Infiniti sent a sales tech to inspect the car - the only way to have front brake assist is when in cruise control. I'm going to sell - anyone interested. I haven't driven because I didn't want to put many miles on it so there are less than 300 miles when posting. I would like to get $70K - I will be taking a loss after taxes, tags, etc. It is listed on cars.com if you prefer. My mistake is your opportunity.
The infiniti youtube information indicates otherwise.

Thanks - trust me - I have explored. FEB is really emergency (Forward Emergency Braking) -it will not prevent (or at least slow down) - just possibly reduce the impact - not Intelligent Brake Assist what the JX35 (and earlier than 2022 QX60) had. I've spoken with several people at Infiniti (corporate and 2 dealerships). The took a great safety feature and removed it from city driving - cruise control doesn't work in a city - and I'm exploring legal options since it was misrepresented. I'll take a small loss, but not the $6K they offered. If you never had the IBA you won't know the difference - but once you have seen what that offers - you will never want to go back. I asked the sales person when I test drove - and it was not properly communicated. Fine car - just less safe. I don't want it but can't take the loss so will continue to try and sell.

Thanks - trust me - I have explored. FEB is really emergency (Forward Emergency Braking) -it will not prevent (or at least slow down) - just possibly reduce the impact - not Intelligent Brake Assist what the JX35 (and earlier than 2022 QX60) had. I've spoken with several people at Infiniti (corporate and 2 dealerships). The took a great safety feature and removed it from city driving - cruise control doesn't work in a city - and I'm exploring legal options since it was misrepresented. I'll take a small loss, but not the $6K they offered. If you never had the IBA you won't know the difference - but once you have seen what that offers - you will never want to go back. I asked the sales person when I test drove - and it was not properly communicated. Fine car - just less safe. I don't want it but can't take the loss so will continue to try and sell.
Understood. I had a different brand vehicle that would apply the brakes sometimes when it detected a potential collision, but I wasn't a fan. For example, if a car was in front of me turning off the street, it would apply the brake as I approached, assuming I was going to crash into the vehicle. I am not sure of the technical difference in the current system in the QX60, the system in the previous vehicle I had, or the system in the JX35. Sorry it didn't work out for you, and I hope you get out unscathed.

Understood. I had a different brand vehicle that would apply the brakes sometimes when it detected a potential collision, but I wasn't a fan. For example, if a car was in front of me turning off the street, it would apply the brake as I approached, assuming I was going to crash into the vehicle. I am not sure of the technical difference in the current system in the QX60, the system in the previous vehicle I had, or the system in the JX35. Sorry it didn't work out for you, and I hope you get out unscathed.
I never had Intelligent Brake Assist but based on Nissan description ( Intelligent Brake Assist | Innovation | Nissan Motor Corporation Global Website ) it is exactly how FEB works on my QX60 2019 and 2022. May be IBA has different settings (like distance and braking force) that FEB but as unswitchable option I prefer FEB settings. If you use IBA as cruise control in traffic then you just abuse it because IBA was not designed for this purpose.IBA and FEB is a safety feature that should works only in emergency situations but slowdown in traffic is not emergency situation.
Intelligent Cruise Control it is exact feature that you describe and it works to complete stop. You can activate it on 20+mph and then just lightly press accelerator to start after full stop (up to 30 seconds).

I never had Intelligent Brake Assist but based on Nissan description ( Intelligent Brake Assist | Innovation | Nissan Motor Corporation Global Website ) it is exactly how FEB works on my QX60 2019 and 2022. May be IBA has different settings (like distance and braking force) that FEB but as unswitchable option I prefer FEB settings. If you use IBA as cruise control in traffic then you just abuse it because IBA was not designed for this purpose.IBA and FEB is a safety feature that should works only in emergency situations but slowdown in traffic is not emergency situation.
Intelligent Cruise Control it is exact feature that you describe and it works to complete stop. You can activate it on 20+mph and then just lightly press accelerator to start after full stop (up to 30 seconds).
Yep, it sounds like the same system to me. Not necessarily going to prevent a collision, but it may certainly give you a chance to avoid it or reduce the severity of one.

Respectfully, IBA and FCW (Front collision warning) is different. IBA and FCW will slow you down - even to a stop if the car in front stops - where FEB will alert you when an accident is very imminent and will reduce impact, but not actively prevent. I know it sounds very similar, but they are different. It is not only my experience, but input from dealership upon further discussion after the fact. The 2022 just doesn't allow IBA and FCW anymore when not in cruise control. I realize FEB is better than nothing when it comes to safety, but definitely not the same. Not trying to stir up a debate, just education for someone looking for this type of safety. If I still had the JX35 I would gladly record a video to show the difference - there is this one - but hard to see what it does:

I am not trying to stir up debate or be argumentative either, but are you certain that the only difference is not in the description? The FEB video says that: "Depending on the circumstances of the situation, the system MAY not eliminate a collision." It doesn't say that it won't eliminate a collision, only that it MAY not eliminate it. Is it possible that they just toned down the "guarantee" so that people would not rely on it to eliminate a collision? I didn't buy the vehicle for this feature, so it's not a big deal to me, but I am curious.

Wow...I love the IBA in my 2019 QX60!! It has already saved me from two accidents when 1. A Person decided not to stop and jumped red light 2. A Cyclist came in the cross walk at a high speed. And I just bought this in May this year!! It is insane that the 2022 don't have that.....!!

Wow...I love the IBA in my 2019 QX60!! It has already saved me from two accidents when 1. A Person decided not to stop and jumped red light 2. A Cyclist came in the cross walk at a high speed. And I just bought this in May this year!! It is insane that the 2022 don't have that.....!!
2019 QX60 does not have IBA, but does have FEB and FCW.

Were you able to seek your car? Looking to do the same as I want old IBA back, which is not present in the new model. The loss seems to be too much though

I was unable to get the dealer to agree for a fair price - I was not willing to take such a loss after 3 days of driving and as the time went by - the reality was that they were just going to wait me out since there is a clause in the sales agreement that they wouldn't take the car back. Kinda like resort fees with hotels - nothing you can do about it - so I was stuck. I spoke with 2 different attorney offices, the state of MD, and other routes - but no luck. When I tried to sell the first few week - there was no luck - again based on what I was willing to lose. So, I still have the car - hate the missing IBA and terrible driving experience for the changes they have made. I'm looking for the next car but stuck with this until a solution is found. I looked at the Cherokee L at an auto show and it may have the solution but didn't have enough head room (I'm tall) so it makes it hard to find a comparison. IBA was so much safer...

wish you luck!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.