Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few thoughts…

You have an amazing car and I’m jealous. We have an old M35 that we’re looking to trade in when the 23’s come out (hopefully in a few months).

FEB is emergency-based so you really need to be in that type of situation before it engages. Comparing against previous gen is a bad example since the old ones are overly sensitive, engaging way too early. To test you need to barrel towards a brick wall/stopped car. What did you do to test FEB?

Your dealership feedback is concerning. Their mechanics attend a ton of training in order to deal with every conceivable problem on the 22’s. When the mechanics are stumped, they have an Infiniti hotline where super-special mechanics fly out to assist/fix. If you really have a problem, they need to fix it and not blow you off. Don’t let them off easy by saying it’s a new vehicle.
The only way I know how to test, and the service person did the same, was to be driving and rapidly approaching a moving car in front, so yes, a dangerous way to test the FEB, but the only way we both knew how to try and get the system to engage. I do appreciate the conversation - in hopes I uncover something to help Infiniti address the issue.

Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update - what I have learned so far: My old JX35 had Intelligent Brake Assist with Front Collision Warning - was FANTASTIC in that it would slow the car down with plenty of notice. It appears that the new QX60 no longer has this feature. FEB will attempt to alert upon an impending accident, but I can tell you that I tested it again, and by the time it activated there would be no way to stop the accident from occurring. I learned this from a different salesperson at a different dealership - so I have to take some blame for not testing before buying the car - but I absolutely inquired with my salesperson at the original dealership. So it appears to have FEB - but not FCW/IBA which was such a great feature. I can't imagine how much of a bath I will take if I get rid of this autograph - but I am absolutely going to look into getting rid of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm back - have decided to sell the car - I have barely driven the car. Infiniti sent a sales tech to inspect the car - the only way to have front brake assist is when in cruise control. I'm going to sell - anyone interested. I haven't driven because I didn't want to put many miles on it so there are less than 300 miles when posting. I would like to get $70K - I will be taking a loss after taxes, tags, etc. It is listed on cars.com if you prefer. My mistake is your opportunity.

·
Registered
819 Posts
That sucks you weren't able to get the issues resolved. Any thoughts on what you're getting next?

You should list all the extras, $70k will get you a new 2023 autograph.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts