Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

2022 qx60 autograph is impressive

8K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  asatar22 
#1 ·
Last night I had the pleasure of seeing in person the new qx60 autograph at the new car show in Buffalo, NY. The new qx is stunning in person. The styling still carries some of the previous qx (grille, wheels for example) and brings in some modern styling in the belt line areas. The roof rails are very low in the roof. Wheels fit in the wheel wells nicely, no more wierd offset under the fender. The interior is fantastic. Captains chairs in 2nd row with a removable console..... love love love. The drivers area resembles a little bit more of a cockpit. Massaging seats, for the driver and passenger. Controls on dash, media screen all angled for the driver to have optimal use. The media center has Android auto and Apple car play. The roof finally has a panoramic glass. The cvt transmission has been replaced with a 9 speed unit. All the driver assists are there, lane keep, adaptive cruise, blindspot. And they finally added enough features and styling cues to really separate it from the pathfinder. Really impressive unit, I was thrilled it was there. And the price point....65k fully loaded. Great job infiniti. The only drawback.... they parked it next to a gorgeous black metallic qx55, which are near impossible to get and were produced on a limited production.

#15 ·
Hi - just picked up my 2022 QX60 Autograph (wanted Sensory but the wait was unknown) - very nice looking. Less than 80 miles on the car -- and have an issue that I hope one of you might have some insight. The Front Emergency Braking (FEB) does not work - the car doesn't show any errors - just doesn't work. The blind spot and lane departure work. The backup braking works. The car does brake when using cruise control - just not in standard driving mode. I have contacted the dealership - no clue - and went to another dealer and test drove with a service manager - no clue either. (the car is so new so I can't really blame them). I haven't had the car hooked up for diagnostics yet - just wondering if I got a 'bad' one? Anyone else have this issue? (I had a JX35 for 9+ years). Anyone want to buy a Moonlight Blue/Black Autograph! 😞

#17 ·
I haven't tested the parking part per se - but have tried getting close to the wall and it did not stop. The service tech tested the reverse and the car stopped before hitting a fence. What I am testing is driving on the road - anywhere from 10-30 MPH approaching a moving car from behind (I know it sounds crazy) - but based on experience with JX35 the car would automatically apply the brake to slow/stop the car from hitting the car in front. Yes, a risky way to test the FEB. Take a look at infiniti video: (Thank you for adding to this conversation)

#18 ·
I just reviewed the Owners Manual on the FEB functionality. I don't think I've ever seen so many limiting conditions on a feature like this. I guess I'll hope it works if I need it, but like the air bags, hopefully I'll never use it. However, you've got me intrigued. I'll repost if I figure out how to test it, or if it activates in a real world scenario.

#19 ·
Thanks - much appreciate - as there aren't many out there to inquire against - it should be pretty obvious when it works based on past experience - even if you are slowly approaching a car in front of you - but hopefully, as you said, you won't have the need. I'll update as I learn more as well.

#22 ·
Update - what I have learned so far: My old JX35 had Intelligent Brake Assist with Front Collision Warning - was FANTASTIC in that it would slow the car down with plenty of notice. It appears that the new QX60 no longer has this feature. FEB will attempt to alert upon an impending accident, but I can tell you that I tested it again, and by the time it activated there would be no way to stop the accident from occurring. I learned this from a different salesperson at a different dealership - so I have to take some blame for not testing before buying the car - but I absolutely inquired with my salesperson at the original dealership. So it appears to have FEB - but not FCW/IBA which was such a great feature. I can't imagine how much of a bath I will take if I get rid of this autograph - but I am absolutely going to look into getting rid of it.

#23 ·
I'm back - have decided to sell the car - I have barely driven the car. Infiniti sent a sales tech to inspect the car - the only way to have front brake assist is when in cruise control. I'm going to sell - anyone interested. I haven't driven because I didn't want to put many miles on it so there are less than 300 miles when posting. I would like to get $70K - I will be taking a loss after taxes, tags, etc. It is listed on cars.com if you prefer. My mistake is your opportunity.

#27 ·
Thanks - trust me - I have explored. FEB is really emergency (Forward Emergency Braking) -it will not prevent (or at least slow down) - just possibly reduce the impact - not Intelligent Brake Assist what the JX35 (and earlier than 2022 QX60) had. I've spoken with several people at Infiniti (corporate and 2 dealerships). The took a great safety feature and removed it from city driving - cruise control doesn't work in a city - and I'm exploring legal options since it was misrepresented. I'll take a small loss, but not the $6K they offered. If you never had the IBA you won't know the difference - but once you have seen what that offers - you will never want to go back. I asked the sales person when I test drove - and it was not properly communicated. Fine car - just less safe. I don't want it but can't take the loss so will continue to try and sell.

#28 ·
Understood. I had a different brand vehicle that would apply the brakes sometimes when it detected a potential collision, but I wasn't a fan. For example, if a car was in front of me turning off the street, it would apply the brake as I approached, assuming I was going to crash into the vehicle. I am not sure of the technical difference in the current system in the QX60, the system in the previous vehicle I had, or the system in the JX35. Sorry it didn't work out for you, and I hope you get out unscathed.

#31 ·
Respectfully, IBA and FCW (Front collision warning) is different. IBA and FCW will slow you down - even to a stop if the car in front stops - where FEB will alert you when an accident is very imminent and will reduce impact, but not actively prevent. I know it sounds very similar, but they are different. It is not only my experience, but input from dealership upon further discussion after the fact. The 2022 just doesn't allow IBA and FCW anymore when not in cruise control. I realize FEB is better than nothing when it comes to safety, but definitely not the same. Not trying to stir up a debate, just education for someone looking for this type of safety. If I still had the JX35 I would gladly record a video to show the difference - there is this one - but hard to see what it does:

#33 ·
I am not trying to stir up debate or be argumentative either, but are you certain that the only difference is not in the description? The FEB video says that: "Depending on the circumstances of the situation, the system MAY not eliminate a collision." It doesn't say that it won't eliminate a collision, only that it MAY not eliminate it. Is it possible that they just toned down the "guarantee" so that people would not rely on it to eliminate a collision? I didn't buy the vehicle for this feature, so it's not a big deal to me, but I am curious.

#40 ·
I was unable to get the dealer to agree for a fair price - I was not willing to take such a loss after 3 days of driving and as the time went by - the reality was that they were just going to wait me out since there is a clause in the sales agreement that they wouldn't take the car back. Kinda like resort fees with hotels - nothing you can do about it - so I was stuck. I spoke with 2 different attorney offices, the state of MD, and other routes - but no luck. When I tried to sell the first few week - there was no luck - again based on what I was willing to lose. So, I still have the car - hate the missing IBA and terrible driving experience for the changes they have made. I'm looking for the next car but stuck with this until a solution is found. I looked at the Cherokee L at an auto show and it may have the solution but didn't have enough head room (I'm tall) so it makes it hard to find a comparison. IBA was so much safer...

wish you luck!

#41 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience! Yes, totally agree, it just does not make sense to remove such a nice feature. But how about other advertised features, like FEB (even though its only meant to stop at the last minute), forward collision warning (also not comparable with previous model), and steering assist? Does that work with no issues on your car? I’m not sure about all of these and how well they meant to work, or may be I’m just being biased already. I think that those should work even in the city without cruise control on, right?

#47 ·
FEB works on local street - but it will only engage when a crash is imminent - or very very close - the only way to test is really uncomfortable. IBA would have slowed/stopped before you ever got close to the car in front of you.

Steering assist only works when cruise is engaged - so, in my opinion - it is useless because cruise doesn't work well on local streets and turns off every time you break. If you are in traffic jam - the car can follow the one in front - but that is the only time I see it working on local streets.

#48 ·
FEB works on local street - but it will only engage when a crash is imminent - or very very close - the only way to test is really uncomfortable. IBA would have slowed/stopped before you ever got close to the car in front of you.

Steering assist only works when cruise is engaged - so, in my opinion - it is useless because cruise doesn't work well on local streets and turns off every time you break. If you are in traffic jam - the car can follow the one in front - but that is the only time I see it working on local streets.
Got it, thank you for your reply. Such a shame indeed. What’s the justification for the high price then… just the looks I guess

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.