Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I’d recommend you go ahead and get it repaired. Your insurance should pay it minus the deductible and it shouldn’t count against against you because it was not your fault— so your insurance company (assuming they’re reputable ) won’t raise your rates. Moreover if it had $3000 worth of damage your corrosion protection is probably gone and it could rust causing more damage. To get it repaired now should only cost you your deductible whereas when you trade it it’ll cost you $3000 to $4000 in trade in value.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’d recommend you go ahead and get it repaired. Your insurance should pay it minus the deductible and it shouldn’t count against against you because it was not your fault— so your insurance company (assuming they’re reputable ) won’t raise your rates. Moreover if it had $3000 worth of damage your corrosion protection is probably gone and it could rust causing more damage. To get it repaired now should only cost you your deductible whereas when you trade it it’ll cost you $3000 to $4000 in trade in value.
I appreciate your recommendation. My current insurance co. will not cover it. This happened years ago. I called my insurance (I had a different insurance co. at the time) but I didn't know where.. when..or who did that or anything. I had zero info. The agent I spoke to informed me that I need more info to file a claim...she also asked if I had a police report. Well I didn't report it to the police as I discovered it 2 days later and I had no clue where it happened. I think I will have to absorb the cost either by repairing it myself or by letting the dealer deduct the cost. Anyway...it's a pre-existing damage as to my current insurance co.

·
Registered
777 Posts
This new car is going to be a complete tech update with wireless Apple Car Play, HUD, and lane keep and collision protection tech. I love the all digital dash and the huge digital display.
Hey Chris, did you get your new QX60 yet? If so, do you know if wireless android auto is available? It looks like wireless Apple CarPlay is, but the material I'm reading says "wired" android auto. Seems weird to not make them both wireless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for answering my question!

The apple car play sounds very hands free. And if it works that smoothly, perfect.

In the past, I have seen people try to do the handsfree thing, but then it messes up.

Before you know it, you are grabbing your phone and typing in the thing yourself (all while being frustrated and more distracted).

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey Chris, did you get your new QX60 yet? If so, do you know if wireless android auto is available? It looks like wireless Apple CarPlay is, but the material I'm reading says "wired" android auto. Seems weird to not make them both wireless.
The short answer is no, Wireless Auto is not supported.

Weird and upsetting, feels half baked that ios has a complete wireless solution, yet they didn't bother with Android. I will kick myself if I spend $60k+ and this oversight gets fixed next year.

I was looking to replace my aging M35 with a new QX60, but now my search is on hold. I hope 2023 adds wireless android auto and let's me pick gray/black rock guards (those bottom bumper plastic pieces) on higher trim levels. I really really really really really don't like bright plastic chrome. It's an eye sore.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts