Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just put a deposit down at the dealer to get one of the first 2022 QX60 Autograph AWD's. Majestic White / Black Obsidian with Saddle Brown leather interior. Our dealer in Salt Lake City offers a 'forever warranty', which is a big deal to us seeing that the car that this will be replacing is a 2013 JX35 (original owners), so engine and drive train systems will be warrantied for as long as we own it.

The JX35 has around 150K miles on it, and to be honest, the only issues we have had with it during it's lifetime is we had to replace the radiator fan at about 100K miles, the passenger side headlight ballast twice at 100K miles and 120K miles, and both catalytic converters at 125K miles. The Blower Motor Resistor for the center console air vents at about 95K miles. I've been regular on oil changes, and I've replaced the brakes myself about 3 times so far.

This new car is going to be a complete tech update with wireless Apple Car Play, HUD, and lane keep and collision protection tech. I love the all digital dash and the huge digital display.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congratulations!! It definitely is a great looking vehicle inside and out. What is the ETA for it? And given the chip shortage how was the price? Was there any up charge, over MSRP, or that is not settle until it arrives?

I am too tempted to reserve mine too but torn between going all electric (Rivian R1S, which I have reserved) and qx60.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations!! It definitely is a great looking vehicle inside and out. What is the ETA for it? And given the chip shortage how was the price? Was there any up charge, over MSRP, or that is not settle until it arrives?

I am too tempted to reserve mine too but torn between going all electric (Rivian R1S, which I have reserved) and qx60.
So we are being told we got in late on the reservations (lol...). So there are like 6 Autograph reservations in front of us. There is only 1 Infiniti dealer in Utah. We are being told January conservatively. They were up front that with a vehicle that was requiring reservations that they would be charging a 'market adjustment' over MSRP. They said this adjustment was $5K, but would only be $2,500 for returning Infiniti customers. He then reduced that to just $1950 over MSRP for us. We did a price comparison with the Peoria Arizona Infiniti and they said they were charging a $9K market adjustment over MSRP (good lord). So just $1950 over MSRP and the fact that my dealer is offering a 'Forever Warranty' on engine and powertrain, for as long as we own the vehicle, sealed the deal for us.

They currently have a preproduction model on the showroom floor so we were actually able to sit in it and get more of a feel for it (they weren't allowing drives).

Some things I'm really liking about our order. The AWD comes with the towing package as standard, and the towing package isn't just the 'almost stealth' hitch receiver and trailer wiring, but a transmission cooler too. (love that).

The fact that the collision avoidance system now also includes braking when you're backing up when it detects something.

Wireless Apple Carplay is nice. (wish the android auto was also wireless)

Can't wait for the Heads Up Display.

Things I'm planning on doing to the car after I get it:

* For one, I'll either be repainting the 2 chrome faux exhaust ports on the back bumper, or replacing them with black ones from a different model. (why are they adding fake crap?) I noticed that these were just really garish, but on the 'build your model site', if you choose 'Liquid Platinum' as your exterior color, these ports are black. That is the only color that I see is not chrome on all of the models, but I will be painting ours black or buying the black ones that are for the Liquid Platinum color.

* The fake front corner vents would be a great place to DIY insert my own LED strip. (Again, why the fake vents? These would have been great functional vents to pass through to the front brake calipers.)

* I'm either going to get brake caliper covers or paint the brake calipers. A good Infiniti logo on the brake calipers would look great!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Wow, fantastic news. I’m still living with my JX35, similar mileage and only a few minor issues. I’m jealous of your forever warranty, must be a dealer-specific item, right? I guessing you need to travel to your specific dealer for repairs covered under “forever warranty”?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, fantastic news. I’m still living with my JX35, similar mileage and only a few minor issues. I’m jealous of your forever warranty, must be a dealer-specific item, right? I guessing you need to travel to your specific dealer for repairs covered under “forever warranty”?
Yes, it would have to go to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts