Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just put a deposit down at the dealer to get one of the first 2022 QX60 Autograph AWD's. Majestic White / Black Obsidian with Saddle Brown leather interior. Our dealer in Salt Lake City offers a 'forever warranty', which is a big deal to us seeing that the car that this will be replacing is a 2013 JX35 (original owners), so engine and drive train systems will be warrantied for as long as we own it.

The JX35 has around 150K miles on it, and to be honest, the only issues we have had with it during it's lifetime is we had to replace the radiator fan at about 100K miles, the passenger side headlight ballast twice at 100K miles and 120K miles, and both catalytic converters at 125K miles. The Blower Motor Resistor for the center console air vents at about 95K miles. I've been regular on oil changes, and I've replaced the brakes myself about 3 times so far.

This new car is going to be a complete tech update with wireless Apple Car Play, HUD, and lane keep and collision protection tech. I love the all digital dash and the huge digital display.

Can't wait!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congratulations!! It definitely is a great looking vehicle inside and out. What is the ETA for it? And given the chip shortage how was the price? Was there any up charge, over MSRP, or that is not settle until it arrives?

I am too tempted to reserve mine too but torn between going all electric (Rivian R1S, which I have reserved) and qx60.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations!! It definitely is a great looking vehicle inside and out. What is the ETA for it? And given the chip shortage how was the price? Was there any up charge, over MSRP, or that is not settle until it arrives?

I am too tempted to reserve mine too but torn between going all electric (Rivian R1S, which I have reserved) and qx60.
So we are being told we got in late on the reservations (lol...). So there are like 6 Autograph reservations in front of us. There is only 1 Infiniti dealer in Utah. We are being told January conservatively. They were up front that with a vehicle that was requiring reservations that they would be charging a 'market adjustment' over MSRP. They said this adjustment was $5K, but would only be $2,500 for returning Infiniti customers. He then reduced that to just $1950 over MSRP for us. We did a price comparison with the Peoria Arizona Infiniti and they said they were charging a $9K market adjustment over MSRP (good lord). So just $1950 over MSRP and the fact that my dealer is offering a 'Forever Warranty' on engine and powertrain, for as long as we own the vehicle, sealed the deal for us.

They currently have a preproduction model on the showroom floor so we were actually able to sit in it and get more of a feel for it (they weren't allowing drives).

Some things I'm really liking about our order. The AWD comes with the towing package as standard, and the towing package isn't just the 'almost stealth' hitch receiver and trailer wiring, but a transmission cooler too. (love that).

The fact that the collision avoidance system now also includes braking when you're backing up when it detects something.

Wireless Apple Carplay is nice. (wish the android auto was also wireless)

Can't wait for the Heads Up Display.

Things I'm planning on doing to the car after I get it:

* For one, I'll either be repainting the 2 chrome faux exhaust ports on the back bumper, or replacing them with black ones from a different model. (why are they adding fake crap?) I noticed that these were just really garish, but on the 'build your model site', if you choose 'Liquid Platinum' as your exterior color, these ports are black. That is the only color that I see is not chrome on all of the models, but I will be painting ours black or buying the black ones that are for the Liquid Platinum color.

* The fake front corner vents would be a great place to DIY insert my own LED strip. (Again, why the fake vents? These would have been great functional vents to pass through to the front brake calipers.)

* I'm either going to get brake caliper covers or paint the brake calipers. A good Infiniti logo on the brake calipers would look great!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Wow, fantastic news. I’m still living with my JX35, similar mileage and only a few minor issues. I’m jealous of your forever warranty, must be a dealer-specific item, right? I guessing you need to travel to your specific dealer for repairs covered under “forever warranty”?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, fantastic news. I’m still living with my JX35, similar mileage and only a few minor issues. I’m jealous of your forever warranty, must be a dealer-specific item, right? I guessing you need to travel to your specific dealer for repairs covered under “forever warranty”?
Yes, it would have to go to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI I'm a new member, avid golfer, and this is my first post. Are you able to fit a golf bag (with driver inside) into the back storage area "horizontally" with the 3rd row up? Or do you need to put at least 1 side of the 3rd row to fit the clubs in "vertically" ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love to know more about what you think of your new vehicle! I'm currently in the market for a new car but have never owned an Infiniti before. I'm very curious about the 2022 QX60 Autograph AWD's technology features. You can never be too sure by going to a dealership, so I always find it more helpful to talk to real people!

I'm most curious about the Apple Car Play feature. I'd like to think I'm someone who can use technology well, but I struggle sometimes. Is it easy for someone to learn right away and how safe is it to operate while driving? My daughter is about to turn 16 and I want a vehicle that is the least distractive for her when she has her phone driving. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I look over at a stoplight and see someone texting and not paying attention to the road.

Anyways, sorry for the long response. I would love to hear your opinion!

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI I'm a new member, avid golfer, and this is my first post. Are you able to fit a golf bag (with driver inside) into the back storage area "horizontally" with the 3rd row up? Or do you need to put at least 1 side of the 3rd row to fit the clubs in "vertically" ?
For anyone wondering I picked up my 2022 QX60 last week and my clubs fit just right in the back horizontally, so no need to put any seats down. Getting chrome delete next month and will post photos after!

·
Registered
714 Posts
For anyone wondering I picked up my 2022 QX60 last week and my clubs fit just right in the back horizontally, so no need to put any seats down. Getting chrome delete next month and will post photos after!
Congrats on the new SUV (a.k.a I'm jealous)... Too bad Infiniti doesn't offer a factory chrome delete, seems like it's more common across manufacturers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on the new SUV (a.k.a I'm jealous)... Too bad Infiniti doesn't offer a factory chrome delete, seems like it's more common across manufacturers.
Yeah I agree! One note, the infotainment screen has gotten “stuck” meaning it won’t communicate with the console controls (I.e. volume/tuning controls on steering wheel, tuning and volume in main console, etc) however I can control those things thru the screen. Anyway if you hold the audio power button down for roughly 5 seconds it will reboot the infotainment center and everything worked fine after.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to know more about what you think of your new vehicle! I'm currently in the market for a new car but have never owned an Infiniti before. I'm very curious about the 2022 QX60 Autograph AWD's technology features. You can never be too sure by going to a dealership, so I always find it more helpful to talk to real people!

I'm most curious about the Apple Car Play feature. I'd like to think I'm someone who can use technology well, but I struggle sometimes. Is it easy for someone to learn right away and how safe is it to operate while driving? My daughter is about to turn 16 and I want a vehicle that is the least distractive for her when she has her phone driving. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I look over at a stoplight and see someone texting and not paying attention to the road.

Anyways, sorry for the long response. I would love to hear your opinion!
Regarding apple car play, it’s really convenient and easy to pick up. You just say hey Siri Text X person and she takes it from there transcribing what you’ve told her and reading it back before sending. you can also tell her what you want to listen to etc. and she goes and finds it. hope that helps.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah I agree! One note, the infotainment screen has gotten “stuck” meaning it won’t communicate with the console controls (I.e. volume/tuning controls on steering wheel, tuning and volume in main console, etc) however I can control those things thru the screen. Anyway if you hold the audio power button down for roughly 5 seconds it will reboot the infotainment center and everything worked fine after.
Yep — that’s software related. Make sure you let your dealer know about it. I suspect Infiniti has or will come out with a software update to fix it. New cars have gotten extremely tech heavy the past 4 years. Most of the issues with them are software related, it controls everything. With the chip shortages and supply chain issues due to COVID, the problem has only gotten worse. It’s impacting all manufacturers—just report it to dealer, and have them create a ticket. There may be a fix for it already, if not make sure it is document so you’ll be notified when one becomes available. Infiniti may send out an engineer to investigate since your an early adopter. Not many 22 QX60s on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Rooster! My guy already knew about it and he’s the one that told me the fix. He stated he expected a patch soon, but didn’t mention a ticket. I’ll ping him again though and ask if he can or if he thinks it’s necessary. Appreciate the suggestion.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We just put a deposit down at the dealer to get one of the first 2022 QX60 Autograph AWD's. Majestic White / Black Obsidian with Saddle Brown leather interior. Our dealer in Salt Lake City offers a 'forever warranty', which is a big deal to us seeing that the car that this will be replacing is a 2013 JX35 (original owners), so engine and drive train systems will be warrantied for as long as we own it.

The JX35 has around 150K miles on it, and to be honest, the only issues we have had with it during it's lifetime is we had to replace the radiator fan at about 100K miles, the passenger side headlight ballast twice at 100K miles and 120K miles, and both catalytic converters at 125K miles. The Blower Motor Resistor for the center console air vents at about 95K miles. I've been regular on oil changes, and I've replaced the brakes myself about 3 times so far.

This new car is going to be a complete tech update with wireless Apple Car Play, HUD, and lane keep and collision protection tech. I love the all digital dash and the huge digital display.

Can't wait!
How much did the dealer ask you to put down for a deposit?

·
Registered
505 Posts
It is a sellers market at the moment due to supply chain issues that are affecting all manufacturers. That’s why there are only a few new cars on dealer lots at the moment and they are selling at a premium. A great deal at the moment is getting it for MSRP. Dealers are charging more them MSRP because they can, there are buyers willing to pay it. You’re best bet is to wait until supply increases. Until then, get pre approved and let them know you are a real buyer and are willing to pay MSRP, maybe someone will sell one to you. That becomes less likely the more scarce the vehicle is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is a sellers market at the moment due to supply chain issues that are affecting all manufacturers. That’s why there are only a few new cars on dealer lots at the moment and they are selling at a premium. A great deal at the moment is getting it for MSRP. Dealers are charging more them MSRP because they can, there are buyers willing to pay it. You’re best bet is to wait until supply increases. Until then, get pre approved and let them know you are a real buyer and are willing to pay MSRP, maybe someone will sell one to you. That becomes less likely the more scarce the vehicle is.
I'm willing to wait as my existing car that I bought in 2013 has 37,000 miles on it. I only drive an average of 4000 miles a year! So my car is ok...I'm the one who is getting older ;)! So I'm wondering when will things get back to normal?!

·
Registered
505 Posts
That is the $54,000 question. I think it's another 12 months, but it could be more. Bottomline, once you see new car inventories back to normal (60–90-day supply) is when you can expect them to start offering discounts again. One thing to keep in mind is you will also get a premium for your trade in at the moment, particularly if it's low mileage. Low mileage used cars are also in high demand and are selling at a premium too. So paying over MRSP might be made up by the premium you get for your trade in. (i.e., you buy a 22 QX60 with an MSRP of $60k, and you'd normally get $3k off the MSRP and $6K for your trade in, the selling price is $51. Today that 22 QX60 with a MSRP of $60K is selling at $65K. However, you get $14K for your trade-in, not $6K, so the selling prices is still $51K.) So if you're trading in a low mileage car, it might be worth considering.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is the $54,000 question. I think it's another 12 months, but it could be more. Bottomline, once you see new car inventories back to normal (60–90-day supply) is when you can expect them to start offering discounts again. One thing to keep in mind is you will also get a premium for your trade in at the moment, particularly if it's low mileage. Low mileage used cars are also in high demand and are selling at a premium too. So paying over MRSP might be made up by the premium you get for your trade in. (i.e., you buy a 22 QX60 with an MSRP of $60k, and you'd normally get $3k off the MSRP and $6K for your trade in, the selling price is $51. Today that 22 QX60 with a MSRP of $60K is selling at $65K. However, you get $14K for your trade-in, not $6K, so the selling prices is still $51K.) So if you're trading in a low mileage car, it might be worth considering.
Thanks for your valuable input. I realize that trade-ins value has gone up as well. However, my car has a fairly large dent on the passenger side. I didn't even know where it happened as I discovered it 2 days later. Several years ago someone hit it in one of the parking lots (I visited about 3 stores that day). I didn't repair it which could be anywhere from $2000 to $3000. I don't know if dealers would take it as a trade-in and repair it themselves (deduct the estimated amount for repairs) or should I repair it myself?! Otherwise, the car is in perfect condition with very low mileage. If I buy the 2022 Infiniti QX60...it will probably be my last car...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Does it need to be repainted? If not, then look into paintless dent repair in your local area. Yes, the dealer will repair it and recondition it for resale. The cost of the repair will be taken into account when they offer to purchase your car. However, paintless dent repair is inexpensive ($100-$150), so I'd get it repaired (if you can) so you will get more for your trade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does it need to be repainted? If not, then look into paintless dent repair in your local area. Yes, the dealer will repair it and recondition it for resale. The cost of the repair will be taken into account when they offer to purchase your car. However, paintless dent repair is inexpensive ($100-$150), so I'd get it repaired (if you can) so you will get more for your trade.
Last year I asked two paintless dent repair shops...they only saw pictures of the dent (it's a large dent and fairly deep, the car that hit it smashed the side...they didn't have the decency to leave a note)...they both told me they couldn't repair this type of dent. One referred me to a body shop that can repair it. Based on the pictures he quoted me $3000 and he said possibly more. So I figured to just wait until I buy another car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts