Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, here new. I'm considering getting a 2020 model of QX 60, got a few questions. Would appreciate your insights...

1. What do ya all know about the 2021 model that's said to be "completely redesigned" from 2020? I've heard folks complaining the QX60 being "old fashioned and outdated" as it's never been re-designed since its introduction in 2013. The 2021 model will make it look more like a smaller QX 80, with fancier features such as Apply Carplay and stuff... So the question is, do ya all think it's worth waiting?

2. I had test driven only one QX60 (I think it was a Sensory). Much to my surprise (and quite contrary to all the compliments to the vehicle I've read here), the SUV simply doesn't pick up. When I tried to push it from 35 MPH to 45MPH at 2000RPM it makes a silly and strong humming noise. The dealer salesman said he puts 87 octane gas in the test drive vehicle which might not have given it enough power and affected its performance. Does this sound right?

3. Does anyone here put 87 in his/her QX60? Is it bad?

Thanks, CC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don’t buy a new one. Much better options on the market now from other manufacturers. The Lincoln aviator is phenomenal and has way more power. The Hyundai and Kia entries have far more options and are just as luxurious for a much cheaper price.

93 octane will add about 10 horsepower. Look at the horsepower rating difference between the pathfinder which only requires regular and the qx60 which recommends premium, same engine.

All that being said, our vehicle has been fine but we bought a 1 year old fully loaded CPO for $25k less than original MSRP. That’s the only way I’d buy an Infiniti. At the time 2 years ago it was competitive if a little dated. Now it’s not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure about the model you drove but the QX60 does 0-60 in under 8 seconds. So while it's not as fast as, say, the F-Pace with the supercharged V6, it's a far cry from slow (and a lot cheaper than the Jag). I've never had power issues in my 2017 (the first year that HP was bumped to 295). Perhaps it was in Eco mode v. Normal or Sport.

I'd probably wait for the 2021 and compare the two to each other as well as to the competition. IMO I still very much like the exterior styling and like most aspects of the interior but there is plenty of room for improvement; refer to the thread on proposed features for everyone's wish lists.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for taking the time to respond guys.

Anybody has info on how much the 2021 model may go for? I'd assume all the rebate and incentive will not be available for 2021 model. Currently they are offering pretty impressive incentives for 2020.

I have to admit I am not a huge fan of the interior of the 2020. The manual parking break looks quite ugly. And a CD player... I am not too thrilled although I still have some 300 CD's at home...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Infiniti is a brand that always has incentives to compete. I bet the 2021 will have them after a few months unless demand is strong. Check out the new genesis suv as well, should be out soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts