Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having an issue that is driving me crazy where Bluetooth music playback will studder and skip when using my iPhone. I upgraded from an X to a 13 and the issue continued. My wife moved form an 8+ to 13 and the same thing happens. We use YouTube music, but confirmed Amazon and even Apple apps do the same. Never heard a phone call skip like this. I’ve tried disabling Siri, resetting network settings, pulling power to car stereo for a few hours. Never had an issue on my 2013 g37x using the same phones. Dealer has opened a case with engineering, but we can’t figure what is unique about my setup. Stereo software version was verified to be newest.

I have a 2020 QX60 PURE and also had the same issue in a loaner 2020 QX60 LUXE, so doesn’t seem to be my car.

The issue starts a few days after pairing and can be “fixed” by forgetting and repairing Bluetooth. The issue starts again after a few day!

would love you hear any thoughts….

·
Registered
505 Posts
First, I recommend you use the USB jack for music, blue tooth for phone conversations. USB offers a higher bit rate, and will sound fuller (more hi-fidelity) than Bluetooth. Second, If you are streaming music using a phone data plan (vice saving the song to your phone’s memory) then the skipping is likely caused by a data drop. That is, the song play data rate is higher then the cell download data rate, so you’re experiencing a data drop. Did you upgrade your cell phone data plan to 5G when you upgraded to the iPhone 13? If not, your probably limited to 4G data rates. It’s all about kbits/sec. If the song is being streamed at 200 kbits/sec, and your cell service is providing 190 kbits/sec, you’re gonna have a few data drops.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We’ve download/offline music and the issue persists. When using YouTube/Google Music over USB it doesn’t show you what is playing and the steering wheel controls don’t work. USB has seemed to resolved the skipping, but not ideal and seems to clearly point the finger to Bluetooth being the issue.

I don’t understand how more QX60 owners aren’t having this issue, iPhone to Bluetooth Audio has to be a pretty common setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts