Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i accelerate hard theres black smoke coming out of the tailpipe, is not much but you can see it, anyone having the same problem?
i think is fuel related, need help getting it diagnose, dealer said engine is bad, but is not even misfiring

·
Registered
338 Posts
If the dealer said the engine is bad, what are they going to do to fix it? A 2018 should be under the bumper to bumper warranty....unless you’ve busted the mileage warranty.

Black smoke could be caused by the engine running rich. That could be caused by dirty/bad fuel injectors or bad engine sensors. If it was oil, you’d expect to see blue/white smoke.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think I made the biggest mistake buying my 2018 QX60. I hear and read nothing but horrible crap for such luxury vehicle. First of all, most of the features that my old 2009 GS350 has the QX60 does not have. Its horrible. The wife wanted this garbage and now she has it. I will be getting rid of it soon as I can. The future does not look so bright. The worst problem is that the Stealerships around here think this car is god. They also think there **** dont stink which in return horrible service. The local dealer is horrible so I have to drive further for better service. Anyways, I would toss your QX60. If Stealership is not sure what it is and they are saying its a bad engine then have them get it taken care of under the warranty then sell it! I have been checking this site since i got mines and all i hear and read is that they are all garbage. I see %70 negative and %30 the car is just ok. LOL

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think I made the biggest mistake buying my 2018 QX60. I hear and read nothing but horrible crap for such luxury vehicle. First of all, most of the features that my old 2009 GS350 has the QX60 does not have. Its horrible. The wife wanted this garbage and now she has it. I will be getting rid of it soon as I can. The future does not look so bright. The worst problem is that the Stealerships around here think this car is god. They also think there **** dont stink which in return horrible service. The local dealer is horrible so I have to drive further for better service. Anyways, I would toss your QX60. If Stealership is not sure what it is and they are saying its a bad engine then have them get it taken care of under the warranty then sell it! I have been checking this site since i got mines and all i hear and read is that they are all garbage. I see %70 negative and %30 the car is just ok. LOL
im curious what your 09 GS had that the qx60 doesnt? :nerd:

·
Registered
12 Posts
im curious what your 09 GS had that the qx60 doesnt? :nerd:
Sure thing, these things are all a plus...not saying im lazy about it. Just saying that for someone to pay 51k for this vehicle new... ( I waited a year, so i didnt have to pay that )

For example,
- 09 GS - When I walk up to the car, doors unlock and I hop in. QX60 does not do that.
- 09 GS - Heating and Cooling Seats comes with the car. QX60 you have to get the 60k Trim for that.
- 09 GS - TRUE All Wheel Drive, QX60 AWD is only AWD when it feels like it.
- 09 GS - Bluetooth connected all the time without having to go select. Many more
- 16 Honda Accord Touring I have does all of the above that QX60 does not. (Accord is not AWD)

If someone can advise me and show me how to make it work in the QX60 then ok... i will forever be quiet on this topic. Hope that helps. everyone knows it a total ladies vehicle... Seriously, 3rd row... How many times is it really going to be used. I am sure i will be hated on for my bluntness. I can go on, but its ok I get it. Different brand different car different options and how they work. I am just saying its not worth the price and all the issues. The warranty as you read in the blogs is good and all but not the best and will not cover everything you expect it to without a fight. Please do correct me if I am wrong. I am open to all suggestions before I toss this thing. I have it in perfect condition and still baby it because I like cars. Later

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not sure how to help you, my 2014 is loaded and has the features you say are missing from yours (however, when I walk up to the car the door handle lights up, and when I grab and press the button on the handle it unlocks the driver door, press it twice and all the doors unlock—I don’t want it to unlock automatically). Of course that is of no help to you. Were you told by your salesman that your car had these features, or did you just buy it without any research? Did you discuss these features with your salesman and verified they that are not included on your car? If that’s the case, sounds like you purchased the base model...and you are correct...it isn’t very well equipped to keep the price down.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1.So what kind of service do you have done that the dealer is bothering you?
So far mine has been oil/filter and two separate warranty issues in just shy of 70k miles, yes dealer personnel do suck they only make $ by selling you something
2.Bluetooth is a moving target in most cars, mostly because of our devices, if my wife uses my QX60 my phone (iPhone 10) will connect quicker than her (iPhone 7) making hers unable to Bluetooth until the next start/stop event
I do agree that some features should not be part of an extra$$ package but in this segment and I have been in quite a few they are all the same.
Case:I drove a ‘20 Toyota Corolla that was a rental today so not top line options but it had blind spot radar cruise control and lane keeping assist that made the little ****box **** near self driving in Traffic on country roads. Why not my $50k+ Mommobile

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2018 has heated and cooled seats. Bluetooth connects fine, I’ve never had to mess with it. Lights come on when I get near but I have to press a button on the handle to unlock. Big deal as you have to grab the handle to open the door anyway. Why is this an issue? My 2019 NX doesn’t unlock automatically either. Touch the handle and it unlocks. Again, you still have to grab the handle to open it so unlocking automatically is unnecessary. My biggest complaint is the side mirrors don’t fold automatically. What trim level do you have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, so its all people preference. I mentioned that its not about laziness or anything like that. its the comparisons of this vehicle. As above these features are available other then the Door unlock feature. Door lock feature i get... the rest of the features just not worth the highest trim level for me. so again people preference. I get that. Its tough to explain my issue here. I guess from the sounds of it above it doesnt matter. So to me its not a topic anymore. I have the 2018 Premium plus Trim with AWD.
I am simply saying that the amount of issues this car has given people its priced so high up for new new and the trim levels for it. My 2018 makes odd noises lately when slowing down or coming to a stop. Whistling winning noise. Why? 2018 literally a year old... with less then 25k miles on it. Stearing is not luxury, I feel its stearing is a bit harder then other SUVs that arent considered luxury. Its the small things that matters. Its ok tho... I see no one wants to agree with that. Again simply stating that this is not worth the price at all. I am warranted and dealer states its something they are not sure of where the noise is and it seems to be normal. Regardless, thanks for the replies and actually reading my venting. Just frustrated! Too expensive of a ride for issues so early on! Not cool! Infiniti dealers and customer service should at least compensate for it! Like Fix **** for sake! Ok im done... have good holidays to all!

·
Registered
160 Posts
My 2018 has heated and cooled seats. Bluetooth connects fine, I’ve never had to mess with it. Lights come on when I get near but I have to press a button on the handle to unlock. Big deal as you have to grab the handle to open the door anyway. Why is this an issue? My 2019 NX doesn’t unlock automatically either. Touch the handle and it unlocks. Again, you still have to grab the handle to open it so unlocking automatically is unnecessary. My biggest complaint is the side mirrors don’t fold automatically. What trim level do you have?
I also would like the side mirrors to automatically fold up when you turn it off, and fold back into position when the car is started. I almost always put them up when parking in the garage or in parking spots at the store

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok, so its all people preference. I mentioned that its not about laziness or anything like that. its the comparisons of this vehicle. As above these features are available other then the Door unlock feature. Door lock feature i get... the rest of the features just not worth the highest trim level for me. so again people preference. I get that. Its tough to explain my issue here. I guess from the sounds of it above it doesnt matter. So to me its not a topic anymore. I have the 2018 Premium plus Trim with AWD.
I am simply saying that the amount of issues this car has given people its priced so high up for new new and the trim levels for it. My 2018 makes odd noises lately when slowing down or coming to a stop. Whistling winning noise. Why? 2018 literally a year old... with less then 25k miles on it. Stearing is not luxury, I feel its stearing is a bit harder then other SUVs that arent considered luxury. Its the small things that matters. Its ok tho... I see no one wants to agree with that. Again simply stating that this is not worth the price at all. I am warranted and dealer states its something they are not sure of where the noise is and it seems to be normal. Regardless, thanks for the replies and actually reading my venting. Just frustrated! Too expensive of a ride for issues so early on! Not cool! Infiniti dealers and customer service should at least compensate for it! Like Fix **** for sake! Ok im done... have good holidays to all!
That sucks you are having those issues. I have a 2015 with every trim option available for that model year and absolutely LOVE it. Remember, as is often the case, much of what you will see in forums is negative, as people generally only take the time to post something when they have an issue or something goes wrong. To be fair, the issues that we all see pop up in this forum and elsewhere online, are generally outliers and only represent a very very small percentage of the overall product. A huge influencer, I believe, in people's perceptions of how they like their QX 60, or any vehicle really, is the level of respect and service they get from the dealership. Here is where we can see variance. I have seen several complaints in here from a handful of dealerships around the country. I feel fortunate that the dealership very close to my house (about 4 miles away) has excellent techs and treat me like a millionaire EVERY time I am there. It makes a huge difference. I also tend to agree that for the amount of money these things cost new, they 'should' have a lot more stuff in them. but part of what you pay for is the name, not unlike any other luxury vehicle. but again, it does suck you're having issues with yours. Hopefully you can get the oddities worked out while still under warranty.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ok, so its all people preference. I mentioned that its not about laziness or anything like that. its the comparisons of this vehicle.
I also expect more from Infiniti. I bought the '13 JX35 in summer of 2012 and the tech was already long in the tooth. Fast forward 7 years, the JX/QX60 has seen very few improvements with no replacement in sight. Infiniti used to be performance and tech leading edge, now nearly everything in their fleet is old. Nissan seems to be nosediving across across most of their vehicles

Given this, I have +135K miles, had two minor/medium problems (a left rear shock and bearing), otherwise it's been dead-reliable, overall enjoyable and an excellent ride. I checked every option during the build and continue to enjoy everything including the aging video players (kids still don't complain) and old-school navigation. Every year our family road trips are memorable all starting with a full tank of fuel.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I also expect more from Infiniti. I bought the '13 JX35 in summer of 2012 and the tech was already long in the tooth. Fast forward 7 years, the JX/QX60 has seen very few improvements with no replacement in sight. Infiniti used to be performance and tech leading edge, now nearly everything in their fleet is old. Nissan seems to be nosediving across across most of their vehicles

Given this, I have +135K miles, had two minor/medium problems (a left rear shock and bearing), otherwise it's been dead-reliable, overall enjoyable and an excellent ride. I checked every option during the build and continue to enjoy everything including the aging video players (kids still don't complain) and old-school navigation. Every year our family road trips are memorable all starting with a full tank of fuel.
Like most of us I hope for and/or expect a lot from my $ spent, its very hard to be able to accomplish this. The thread starter has never reappeared to let us know what the outcome was to their problem. What do I expect? Here goes: effective climate control systems wether in Alaska cold or Africa hot and every where in between. Comfortable adjustable stable seats not really concerned with cooling just heat. Sound system that delivers clear sound across a wide variety of platforms. Bluetooth connectivity. Not concerned with Navigation, I use Waze for its live feed traffic updates. I have used apple play in rentals not overly impressed(ie:not enough seat time) stable secure handling and traction in all conditions. Use of quality materials and a good level of fit/finish.
My ‘17 is a premium/premium plus equipped car so there is an additional $10k worth of packages not included, it is equal to or better than its direct competitors when you scroll the standard/ optional equipment list.
The reason we see vehicles with packages like this is simple, probably 80%+ of these are leased especially here in the northeast. Load em up move em out. My level probably leases for $499-$549 month for 3 years top level $599-$699. Remember a 3-year lease at 12k miles per year really sees zero maintenance, and is usually rolled into the price.
I traded a tech equipped ‘15 Acura MDX for this car it was a shitbox, I could have purchased a dealer owned ‘17 MDX for less $ but didn’t trust it. We have a ‘11 Infiniti G25X touring it is still the single most trouble free car either of us has ever owned currently has 153k miles runs like new, that’s the #1 reason we also have this QX60, I purchased with 15kmiles on it and just rolled thru 85k yesterday. It is a solid safe comfortable car. I didn’t shop Lexus because I have always found them and Toyota to be valued a little to preciously, for my spending. Not to mention the important factor they really lack soul, in every model I have driven. Q7 fragile, MB G series not for my mileage cost to operate would be frightening. We also own a ‘08 MB SL550, wonderful car solid and economical butttt I wouldn’t drive it 15-20k miles a year. I would need a second job for the repairs/scheduled maintenance/tires. Hats off to you Yeller for buying one the first year out, there were a lot of things that scared me in ‘13 not so much anymore. Overall I’m very happy with my choice. Happy Thanksgiving and sorry for the sermon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That sucks you are having those issues. I have a 2015 with every trim option available for that model year and absolutely LOVE it. Remember, as is often the case, much of what you will see in forums is negative, as people generally only take the time to post something when they have an issue or something goes wrong. To be fair, the issues that we all see pop up in this forum and elsewhere online, are generally outliers and only represent a very very small percentage of the overall product. A huge influencer, I believe, in people's perceptions of how they like their QX 60, or any vehicle really, is the level of respect and service they get from the dealership. Here is where we can see variance. I have seen several complaints in here from a handful of dealerships around the country. I feel fortunate that the dealership very close to my house (about 4 miles away) has excellent techs and treat me like a millionaire EVERY time I am there. It makes a huge difference. I also tend to agree that for the amount of money these things cost new, they 'should' have a lot more stuff in them. but part of what you pay for is the name, not unlike any other luxury vehicle. but again, it does suck you're having issues with yours. Hopefully you can get the oddities worked out while still under warranty.

Thanks for your reply Jonesy84. I dont hate the vehicle, Wife loves it! I do not live near a great dealership. So I have not been convinced by the dealership that is is truly a vehicle worth its value. Specially when I ask the dealer on how I can get the Infiniti services from the app and car to work properly, they say "the dealer that sold you the car was suppose to do that, let me see if i can try to find someone to help you" and here i am still trying to make it work. Its ok i give up cause its not needed and proly does not work as advertised. Anyways, Thx for atleast dropping a line. Im glad you have the top tier service from your dealer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts