Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we just bought the new 2017 QX60 with premium plus pkg and were very excited that the car comes with 4 years of SM traffic as listed in the pkg details on their website; its been 2 weeks and i don't see traffic to i called the dealer, they did not have a clue, then i called XM, they did not have a clue either; i am going to contact infinite next but was wondering if anybody else has faced the same issue???

any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Text from pkg detail on the infiniti website
[SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link with 4 year complimentary trial access to traffic, weather, fuel prices, stocks, sports, and movie times [*]

2017 INFINITI QX60 Crossover Specs | INFINITI USA

·
Registered
204 Posts
so we just bought the new 2017 QX60 with premium plus pkg and were very excited that the car comes with 4 years of SM traffic as listed in the pkg details on their website; its been 2 weeks and i don't see traffic to i called the dealer, they did not have a clue, then i called XM, they did not have a clue either; i am going to contact infinite next but was wondering if anybody else has faced the same issue???

any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Text from pkg detail on the infiniti website
[SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link with 4 year complimentary trial access to traffic, weather, fuel prices, stocks, sports, and movie times [*]

2017 INFINITI QX60 Crossover Specs | INFINITI USA
hmmm... OK, what I had been considering user error on my part may not be user error after all :)

I had been trying to get it to work as well but haven't figured it out yet, granted I work from home so I spend no more than 10 mins in my car, and that is when picking up or dropping kids at school, so traffic is not a huge concern. Now, I am going to look more thoroughly.

·
Registered
204 Posts
OK, I got an opportunity to drive my QX60 on a 140 miles round trip. During the drive I did check traffic on route and nearby so the SiriusXM traffic feature is working. Whether that is good news or not is different story. In my experience, I find it similar to the traffic report from local radio stations and free traffic on my old TomTom, which to me is useless. It is never accurate or up to date except for the usual bottleneck spots, like bridges, tunnels etc.

On my trip back from New Jersey the car navigation was taking me through Lincoln tunnel which is an obvious pain point for local commuter, but in fact had traffic backed up quite a bit and was visible, luckily I had google maps navigating me as well and which stayed on top of changing traffic conditions compared to the built in navigation. It will be great if there is a way to get that map in to the screen. I was able to send directions via Bluetooth to the speakers, but would like to get the map pushed to the screen. I have never been fond of built in navigation systems, they are expensive and do not have as good routing logic/software as google, waze or Garmin/TomTom.

Going back to your original question, it was already enabled in my car. I did play with settings yesterday to ensure traffic guidance is selected (i forgot the exact name of the setting, but it is in settings).

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's something new Infiniti/Nissan started from MY2017. The Pathfinder comes with 3 year free traffic. Originally the news mentioned free SiriusXM for 3 or 4 years then they updated to say some select services which doesn't include radio :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my dealer is still trying to figure out what needs to be done in order to get me 4 years of traffic. I already have opened a case with Infiniti Consumer Affairs, they are also not sure; Just to be clear its not about the setting on the car, i have traffic now but its a 3 month trial; the way to find that out is by registering with XM or call them, they will tell you how long is your trial valid for; Anybody else figure this out yet ?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Please people, bug the crap out of Infiniti Consumer Affairs and SXM customer service over this. I promise you, your salesperson can't get much done on this front. As much as we're penalized on surveys when Infiniti messes it up, and we try to make calls on your behalf, there's very little we're able to get done about this and Infiniti Intouch (connection) - beyond making sure it is configured right at the outset. I've tried numerous times to sort these things out for clients and it is usually just a giant time suck for me. I hate telling clients they'll have to be the one to fight it out with Infiniti or SXM, but in my experience, that's the case. Grrrr. Come on Infiniti - make this crap work better right out of the box (showroom).

Reactions: myinfiniti

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I only got the 3 month trial. The first time with the JX, it was 3 months and a royal pain in the ass to get the system up and running properly. XM could not figure out that the dealership still didn't own the car. This time with the QX60, it was seemless. Probably some corporate changes after the thousands of customer complaints to the Department of Consumer Affairs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am not sure of other CARs but for 2017 QX60 with navigation is supposed to have 4 years of XM traffic and travel link; If you dont have it (verify with XM customer service and they can look up based on your VIN);
You need to go back and bug the dealer(talk to sales manager), because they are the once to tell XM how much trial is to be included. If that does not work then call infiniti consumers affair and go from there.
Calling XM and arguing with them will not help, dealers have to do it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am not sure of other CARs but for 2017 QX60 with navigation is supposed to have 4 years of XM traffic and travel link; If you dont have it (verify with XM customer service and they can look up based on your VIN);
You need to go back and bug the dealer(talk to sales manager), because they are the once to tell XM how much trial is to be included. If that does not work then call infiniti consumers affair and go from there.
Calling XM and arguing with them will not help, dealers have to do it.
How did you find out that you do not have traffic, did it stop working? I have 2017 and I do see traffic information, but since my vehicle is only one month old, I wanted to find out how to check the duration of complementary service to make sure that it was set correctly by XM and dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How did you find out that you do not have traffic, did it stop working? I have 2017 and I do see traffic information, but since my vehicle is only one month old, I wanted to find out how to check the duration of complementary service to make sure that it was set correctly by XM and dealer.
The only way to find out is to either register for an account on XM or call XM and give them your vin info. Hope this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts