Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m sorry if this is redundant. Today I just purchased this vehicle. It has the theater package.

The dvd works great. It will play on all 3 screens (2 back, one front - when the emergency brake is on).

The HDMI input works great for the two back screens.

I’ve seen a few work around a that allows the front to play while driving with the DVD. But I can’t figure out how to play HDMI feed through the front screen. (Not too interested in DVDs).

We are using a couple different HDMI inputs. (The main one being an AppleTV) Any ideas for a bypass that allows HDMI to play on all 3 screens?

Thanks in advance!!
Jared

·
Registered
390 Posts
On my 2014 the dash monitor only plays DVDs when it in park, it is safety feature. You have to fool the vehicle into thinking it is in park to have motives displayed on the dash monitor while in motion, even if you want to mirror your phone screen. There are devices you can get on-line that allow you to trick the the vehicle into thinking it is in park, but I have not done that on mine. I understand you have to remove the head unit and fool with the wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
390 Posts
On my 2014 the dash monitor only plays DVDs when it in park, it is safety feature. You have to fool the vehicle into thinking it is in park to have videos display on the dash monitor while in motion, even if you just want to mirror your phone screen. There are devices you can get on-line that allow you to trick the the vehicle into thinking it is in park, but I have not installed them on mine. I understand you have to remove the head unit and fool with the wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand that. I’m trying to figure out if I can use the HDMI input to show on the front screen and not just the back screens. I have read about the bypass options. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Thank you for the confirmation. Looks like there are a bunch of adapters from NAViKS that will turn the component into an hdmi for the purpose. I was hoping I didn’t have to buy all that stuff.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts