Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Not really a user of car forums, but coming here for (hopefully) some help. I own a 2017 QX60 that is starting to give us some problems that the dealership cannot figure out. Around the end of June, my partner was driving the vehicle out of our neighborhood and it just died. We tried everything to get it going (i.e. jumping it off, the other key fob) and it would not work. Towed it into Infiniti and as soon as it got there, it was able to start. They ran diagnostics, but could not "scan the code". Last week (about 2-3 months later) took the car in for an oil change and as soon as my partner was leaving the dealership - it stopped on him. Service tech got it started after a few attempts and brought it home. That night we took the car to dinner and coming home it started losing power on the on ramp to the interstate. Couldn't get it above 50/55 MPH, but did get it home. Then could not crank the car again after it was cut off. Let it sit all night and still wouldn't crank. Had it towed back to Infiniti and - guess what - it was able to crank. They kept it for two days and ran all their diagnostic tests and a service attendant drove for the day. Found a forum posting on here about it possibly being the Mass Air Flow Sensor. They checked that and it was not an issue. They have no answer. How does a car just not crank and start losing power? It's 4.5 years old. The car is way too expensive for this to be happening. This vehicle was purchased to keep long term and have a dependable, luxury SUV to travel in. There has to be an issue driving this. Can't just keep a car that may/may not start when driving with family, pets, etc. I have started a case with their consumer affairs dept., but don't think it will do much. I hate to get rid of the vehicle, but thinking of trading out of the brand to be safe. Any ideas?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I second Mike’s opinion. I would have similar issues always resolved when I twisted then tightened the batteries negative connection. After the third time, I replaced the battery some where around 120k and 4 years of age.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts