Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
It's my first post because I start to see water leaking from the liftgate. The dealership and nissan company all told me it's as designed.
Is there anyway to fix by yourself?
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inside the bottom part of the liftgate. Today is sunny but the water is from yesterday's rain.
If you don't open the liftgate the water will just stay there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
wow, it sure does just pour out of there that's crazy never seen that before there is a somewhat hidden water drainage system around the doors and windows and such, I would start by inspecting all the rubber seals and underlying troughs and make sure there isn't some dirt or other debris buildup that is causing the drainage to get backed up and overflow into wherever it ends up pooling up. did you physically take it into dealership or show them that video? or just describe it to them over the phone? if they've given it a pretty thorough once over to ensure there isn't some debris fouling up the draining system, I'm at a loss for what else could cause that but like yeller said, first course of action at that point is determining where the water is coming from to start with

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I first sent to the dealership weeks ago and the dealer's technician told me it's normal and supposed to do that. I also sent this video later to make sure and was told the same.
But the dealer's reception looked at my video say it don't looks right to him, ask me to contact nissan canada cutomer service for 2nd opinion. I then called them and was told the the dealer's decision is correct since they don't have any technician at all in the company. I might try another dealership and see what they say.
I searched this forum seems other people also mention same issue.
Leaking rear hatch QX60
thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Zanghy i see your concern, there is a piece of trim around the bottom of the tailgate when you look at it with the hatch partially open you can see that it is an add on piece. Lift the hatch up and you will see drain holes make sure they aren’t plugged, use a piece of wire or a paper clip to make sure they are clear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just check the design of the back liftgate. From 2016 , QX60 has a different one looks like this. There is a seam which water might get inside after rain.

But 2015 and before , there is no seam like this

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will give that a try . thank you!

Zanghy i see your concern, there is a piece of trim around the bottom of the tailgate when you look at it with the hatch partially open you can see that it is an add on piece. Lift the hatch up and you will see drain holes make sure they aren’t plugged, use a piece of wire or a paper clip to make sure they are clear.

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's a great point, zhangy's video shows a very-visible horizontal line. I wonder if water is getting in the line, then inside the door. But still, there should be drain holes that work with the door closed.

Hold a hose to the back of the door see if it fills up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts