Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2017 QX60 with just under 14,000 miles. Did not notice this when test driving but have ever since. Every time you take off from a dead stop, there is a thud or thump sound and feel under your feet in the front end. Took it back to Inifiniti and they had it for two days trying to figure out what it was and finally came back and said that they drove a few other QX 60's and that they all do it. I drove others before buying this one and never noticed it on them. There is no missing it. And if they all do it, why did it take them 2 days to figure it out. It is freaking annoying and no way it is supposed to do this. Any ideas or experience with this issue out there? Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Doesn't sound right. I have a 2019 and there is no clunk, knock or thunk at about 60k kilometres.

Check to see if the battery is loose, or if there is something inside the air filter box that a squirrel snuck inside?

Lastly, check the condition of the brakes in front, and also the wearing of the tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is yours AWD? I’m wondering if it’s related to the transfer case.
The Infiniti shop had it for 2 days and said they couldn't determine what it was even though they too could feel and hear it. Said they called into the Infiniti Tech line with no determination. That is when they called back and said "oh we took a few other QX60's out and they all do it so it must be ok". I am calling bulls*** on that cause it is freaking annoying. If they all did it seems like their would be more posts about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe a busted motor mount?
Pop the hood with someone looking at the engine, put in drive and hold the brake and give it some gas. You should see the engine move a LITTLE. If it jumps a lot then you have problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If the front brake pads are somehow loose within their slots of the caliper bracket, you might hear a noise as you let off the pedal and accelerate away, Nissan uses special springs on the front pads to keep the pads away from the rotor so that friction is minimized, but other than a loose suspension piece or this suggestion about the brakes...I am tapped out for suggestions.

That the dealer says they all do this is BS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts