Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the final steps on making a decision on the right QX60.

The price difference between a 2016 vs 2017 is $5000 dollars.
I'm purchasing the 2016 remotely so don't really have a chance to drive it.

The 2017 engine is great, enough power for a family hauler... IMO the engine is a little loud but this vehicle checks all the boxes otherwise compared to the rest.

So the question to the group ... is the 2017 engine that much better than the previous 265hp? Worth 5k?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Reactions: myinfiniti

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I test drove the 2017 Pathfinder and IMO the power difference could be felt. Maybe it was the additional noise in the cabin but I'd only imagine that the gap between from the 2016 265hp would be more noticeable.

Very happy with my 2017 QX... well for the first 30kms.
Started the search with a highlander, then MDX, then landed on this.
The family is growing so had to move from my Mercedes C63 AMG to this bad boy.
Its no AMG but is going to make a great family hauler.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think what you would notice more is the handling experience. The 2017 is more composed around corners and when it pulls from a dead stop. The 2016 and prior years are a little bit too soft on the suspension and handling feels numb. It has the tendency of body roll especially the back when taking it to aggressive cornering.

I would pull the trigger if I were to buy a new QX60. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I was testing the QX, I drove a 2017, pulled back into the dealer and then drove a 2016. Same settings on the transmission. I feel I could feel a difference, but then again, I could have been justifying going with the 2017, which I did

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would think that you would feel a difference in 30HP and about a 20 lbs increase in the torque. I leased my 2016 QX60 in June, and in about 2 months later the 2017 came out with enhancements - I feel cheated because i didn't do my research nor did the Dealer inform to wait about 2 months. Good Luck with the new Car...It is nice, roomy, very comfortable, and I love the 15 speaker sound system - makes commuting more tolerable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I test drove the '16 and '17 models and noticed the difference in torque from the 30hp. 265hp is no enough for a family hauler seating up to 7.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For the same price it is a no brainer, don't think I would pay $5K more.

I own the 2015. Yes, it drives like a Buick/Lexus...no sportiness whatsoever. That said, it seats 7 and we enjoy it overall. 265HP is plenty of power for most people, so I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor (and yes, I recently sold a 300HP CTS).

·
Registered
663 Posts
There are a bunch of improvements. My favorite is the HDMI ports..... Who would have thought HDMI in 2017 was new???

This is from Infinitinews.com
The seven-seat Infiniti QX60 receives an updated 3.5-liter V6 direct injection engine, with horsepower now rated at 295 hp (from the previous 265 hp), an available Motion Activated Liftgate and the addition of Infiniti InTouchTM with 8.0-inch touch screen color vehicle information display.

InAutoNews.com
The rest of the 2017 model year modifications fall in the subtle category. The vehicle has a new infotainment system with the same InTouch interface as seen in the QX30 crossover, as well as bigger rear entertainment screens. There’s also a newly available power liftgate, or amenities such as automatic high beams, and auto-dimming sideview mirrors.

MotorAuthority
A Theater Package adds 8.0-inch color monitors (1.0-in larger than 2016), along with the addition of a 12-volt power point and USB and HDMI ports. Wi-Fi can also be added with the Theater Package.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just had my 2016 QX60 serviced today. I got a 2017 QX60 as a loaner. Man Big difference with 30 more hoses and about 22lbs more torque. The Infotainment system is from the QX30 and Q50 (i have had Q50s as loaners before). Puts my Navi /Audio to shame with a larger crisper screen and other Apps enhancements and more controls. My QX has 20 " wheels - the loaner seemed to handle a bit better and ride a little softer on 18" wheels. But, the engine and torque increase makes the car more fun to drive with more pick up. I leased mine in June 2016, as a result of a Come On from the dealer that my last 4 lease payments on the 2013 M would be "waived'. Yes, Infiniti Financial waived the last 2 months, but the other 2 months got interspersed into the new lease. If i had waited another 2 months, I could have gotten the 2017 Fully Loaded like my 2016 for about the same price. I pay $616/mo - 39 months with 18K miles per year , put down $2,500 plus taxes and charges ($5500 in total). Notwithstanding that I really didn't need this large of a car, would have been much more gratifying with the 2017. I feel cheated and should have known better that this Impulse Buy was lesson in Haste Makes Waste. Granted, The dealer took my car without any charges for wear and tear or no turn in fees. I took my Majestic White/Java Leather Interior Fully loaded QX60 right off the Floor that fateful day. I never do that !!!! I'm 65 years old and always do research on my purchases.

PS: I also noticed at least 10-15% increase in MPG in the one day of driving the 2017 !!! For the past fe months I have conatcated the GM at the Dealership to see if there is a inexpensive way out. Even getting into another Infiniti Q70. No way.

If you folks read this post and are interested in a deal to consider taking my car contact me. The car has 20.7K miles and now into the 15 th month of the 39 month lease. In Excellent condition.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yatesd: for the same price absolutely a No Brainer after having driven the 2017.

What is even more concerning is that my 2016 QX60 fully loaded with 21K miles on the clock would only Fetch $36,000 to maybe $38,000 on the market ??? What !!! I lost 45% of the MSRP in 15 months !!! That's ridiculous. Actually disturbing. How did I learn this: by inquiring at my dealer for a possible "out" of the current lease. GMat the dealer told me he just sold a typically loaded QX60 (not fully) for $36K just a few months ago. Evidently, Infiniti has poor resale value.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts