Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to Infiniti, I am thinking to get a 2017 QX60, I was in test drive twice in two QX60, I feel the engine sound is kind of loud when push gas paddle for acceleration, even when I didn't push gas paddle too hard. I also tried Acura MDX and Audi Q7, which I don't feel that kind of loud engine when acceleration. The sound is not necessary bad, it even has kind of racing feeling. But my question is, is the sound normal? Is it because of CVT? If so, is CVT reliable compared with automatic transmission? Thank you for any comments!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi,
I am new to Infiniti, I am thinking to get a 2017 QX60, I was in test drive twice in two QX60, I feel the engine sound is kind of loud when push gas paddle for acceleration, even when I didn't push gas paddle too hard. I also tried Acura MDX and Audi Q7, which I don't feel that kind of loud engine when acceleration. The sound is not necessary bad, it even has kind of racing feeling. But my question is, is the sound normal? Is it because of CVT? If so, is CVT reliable compared with automatic transmission? Thank you for any comments!
Could it be because the engine was not warmed up? I find mine very quiet. I agree when pushed it makes a nice sporty sound. During my test drives (I didn't test MDX), I found it to be between Q7 and XC90, with XC90 being loudest of the 3. In fact I found QX60 quieter than Lexus GX470, which probably had the worst road manners in terms of refinement and drive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's quiet. When you push it you get a nice growl. It's the same engine used in their old g35 cars. The CVT gives off more of a whine. But it should be quieter on the 2016 and 2017 modesl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts