Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took awhile due to C-19 but finally hit 100k, my driving habits were severely curtailed for the past 4 plus months, as were all of yours too. Still really like this car it works as well as it did when I first bought it, my early concerns were basically the cvt. I’d never driven one for an extended period, and really didn’t understand its quirks and differences. The transmission has been totally trouble free(knocking on wood for effect) and it matches the car very well. As a matter of fact the car has been very trouble free, I’m on my 3rd set of tires, second set of brakes, bunch of oil changes. Replaced the following under warranty, dual cooling fans, (because of the shroud)and the 4wd coupling. All the stuff works as you would expect. Rides great, tracks well on the highway, holds a bunch and goes everywhere in all conditions. Yes it could have better nav/audio etc. blind spot for these $ should be standard. This is a high quality, very reliable family hauler. 100k miles very little outside of normal driving expenses, the usual wear items even wear well. If you are in the market buy the highest equipped model you can find, certified pre-owned in these post covid times will probably be a great value.

·
Registered
584 Posts
33K/year? that's huge. You really love that thing. Mine has about 140k but it's a 2013. Mine is also AWD so I'm hoping the 4wd coupling doesn't go out, otherwise similar experiences (except no cooling fan issues... yet...)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Truth be told it had 14,800mi when purchased, the fans were an issue with the shroud work for Ryder said the fans were replaced but I doubt it. Anytime a dealer has a piece like a fan shroud in stock there must be a known issue. The awd coupler was the same, part in stock here’s a free loaner while we fix. It acted like an old school 4x4 scuffing when you turned at low speeds. I should have 140k miles by next year if we font get grounded this fall.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks @kbdixon and @yeller for your updates. Good to hear your experiences. My 2014 AWD has almost 70k - not as well driven as yours but a reliable family hauler to and from the mountains and long drives to LA, Arizona. My first experience with vehicle with a CVT as well. Nervous reading/hearing the issues with transmission - had the transmission oil changed at about 61k and it drives much smoother than before the change. No issues with cooling fan(yet...), but did have the roof rails replaced under warranty as the rubber gaskets under them came loose during one of the long drives home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was nice to read the good experiences and longevity! I just got a 2016 with 15k, I have a long way to go.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was nice to read the good experiences and longevity! I just got a 2016 with 15k, I have a long way to go.
As long as I own it and pile up miles I’ll post my impressions, I find it’s very hard to find seat of the pants impressions of a vehicle you would like to purchase. If you have ?’s ask away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts