Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Nissan Pathfinder First Look - Motor Trend

Who else feels like they got lucked out with their recent purchases??

Some of the things I would like but didn't' have:

284 horsepower. Not saying 265 is bad but adding more power to the already porky QX60 should help.

Rear HDMI inputs. Finally! No more extra dongle or cables trying to watch movies on those old composite inputs. But where's the Blue Ray?

Updated information system. Nothing wrong with the current set up but it could use the update considering its from 2009.

Any 2016 owners feels like they got shafted? :eek:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Even after the update, I still don't think the interior looks as classy/premium as the QX.

I agree about the HDMI ports/etc... Unfortunately tech is advancing much faster than vehicle upgrade cycles.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Overall it is much better looking than before. I am just surprised that they didn't tuned QX60's engine to produce 284 HPs. That would have been nice.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Ummm. I'm pretty sure we'll see the same drivetrain in the '17 QX60. Not sure on the HDMI, if you read that right. That would imply hi-def screens with theater package, which would be cool - still not worth it IMO, but cooler.

Unlike the 15-16 transition, the 16-17 model year change should happen at a normal time of year. We should see 17's show up around October.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ummm. I'm pretty sure we'll see the same drivetrain in the '17 QX60. Not sure on the HDMI, if you read that right. That would imply hi-def screens with theater package, which would be cool - still not worth it IMO, but cooler.

Unlike the 15-16 transition, the 16-17 model year change should happen at a normal time of year. We should see 17's show up around October.
ROFL I like your signature. I am on the complete opposite end of the country so I am cool :D

So while it is nice to have these updates on 2016, they won't have the same bargain as 2016, which means I will need to wait a bit longer. Unless of course Infiniti finally offer panoramic moonroof as a separate option or added to a different package.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Correct. They're replacing them with bigger, higher def screen. Here's the Link to Nissan news site.

I tested a Xbox360 and PS3 on my 2015 and no dice on the PS3 but the Xbox works. Since both the gaming system were older model, they came with RCA cable for easy hookup but image quality are just what you'll expected. This will open more media options like Netflix, Youtube, HBO go etc. No more Dora the explorer on loop!
And is it just me or anyone else think it’s ironic that the Pathfinder got all the nice goodies while its luxury cousin missed out? It’ll be nice these feature were added to the 2016.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wish I had seen the enhancements in the 2017. I probably would have waited. The increase in HP and torque and the larger HD screen is just what the car needs. I have a story on how I took the car is did at my Infiniti dealer. I was coaxed into turning my 2013 M37X leased until 9/2016, by incentives offered. I looked at a new Q70 AWD but new movie they lease was not good. I saw and test drove the 2016 QX60 AWD on one recent afternoon while looking at both the Q50 and the Q70. On the showroom, they had a White one with the Java I terior, technology and theatre packages. It kept winking get at me!!!! The 20 inch wheels and the front fascia and tale light changes really enticed me. The lease deal was a very good one. I took that car right off the showroom then and there. I was out the door in 2 hours. Greenwich Infiniti in Greenwich CT, we're great. No hassles on my turn in M37X. It had some minor scratches a day few chips in the hood with major flaw of a scrape to the front bumper (thanks to my honey). No charges, no termination fees, no hassles. I am grandparent now, and really did not need all this car. But I really like the drive,comfort, and the look. In fact it drives and handles like a large sedan. Not sporty sedan, but that is not the intended tended use.
After the first few days, I had some Real Buyers Remorse. I spoke to the manager, he was gracious and advised that I am not the only one who has had buyers remorse. He is dictated that options to get out are very expensive. Doable down the road, but not this sokn. He said drive it, you wil, like this vehicle particularly a top of the line model. He was Right! I really like the vehicle so much more and the comfort it offers. Anyway, one option I do have after a year, is to let my son and his family takeover the car, pay the lease payments. His wife immediately Loved the car. Great for my grand daughter too . That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Happy Motoring to All.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh yeah, sorry for some of the typos. I'm using a Samsung tablet, and the auto correct is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh yeah, sorry for some of the typos. I'm using a Samsung tablet, and the auto correct is driving me nuts.
Thanks for sharing! But, yes, your auto correct sort of distorted the message. Long story short, did you end up keeping the initial vehicle you drove off with or do you switch after the remorse? I couldn't follow. As a potential buyer, I was just hoping you hear more about what model of the QX60 you ended up with when it was all over and what options you liked/didn't like! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
imd102, YES. I did keep the QX60. I LIKE it, but I do miss having a Sports Sedan. In retrospect, I should have waited until August, when a better deal may have been available for a Q70. Doing this was something I never really do. It was a compulsive Buy (Lease really). I am an individual that Shops deals and I do thorough research for the products that I buy. Bottom Line: I really didn't need such a large SUV. My family is grown (I am a new Grandpa). I probably will end up transferring the lease to my son and daughter in law (She really Liked the new "ride", in her words) in a year. They don't want the added expense. They have a Nissan Rogue which has no equity over their loan balance. Infiniti Financial does NOT allow you off your lease. If you use Swap A Lease service, which is a service where you swap your lease for another, you the principal signer is always on the line. Transferring to my family is one thing, but swapping with a stranger is something I won't do.

I have a fully loaded QX60 2016, AWD, Majestic White (it has a Pearl like finish), Java Leather interior (looks terrific - I DO like the car's looks !!!), Technology Package, Theater Package, Illuminated Kickplates, Splash Guards, Roof Rails and Cross bars, rear bumper protector, Cargo package, AND the 20 inch Wheels (that really SOLD me on the car in the showroom)......

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like we don't have to wait that long for the 2017. Should be arriving in this September.

2017 Infiniti QX60

Revised engine with direct injection, now rated at 295 horsepower (from 265 hp) and 270 lb-ft of torque (from 248 lb-ft)
Added Motion Activated Liftgate, High Beam Assist and auto-dimming sideview mirrors to Deluxe Technology Package
Added Infiniti InTouchTM with 8.0-inch color vehicle information display, HD Radio, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately), SiriusXM® Travel Link with four-year complimentary access, voice recognition for audio, Bluetooth® and vehicle information, and Streaming audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology.
Revised Theater Package with one inch larger rear screens, added HDMI port, upgraded headphones
Offered in four models: QX60, QX60 AWD, QX60 Hybrid and QX60 Hybrid AWD
Expected availability: September 2016

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for reposting the link. Looking at the qx60 for my wife. She drives like a grandma, so not sure the juiced up engine will matter to her, but do you think this will provide better opportunities on leftover 2016s once the 2017s hit the lots?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been checking local inventory and secretly regretting since. But don't tell my wife :(. Once the 2016 were out, any leftover 2015 were heavily discounted. We could've save a few a more grand provided we weren't picky on the color/package combo. But that being said, 265hp and smooth ride was more than adequate for my wife.

If you're situation doesn't require a car now, I would WAIT until the 2017 are out and reap the reward on the 2016.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for reposting the link. Looking at the qx60 for my wife. She drives like a grandma, so not sure the juiced up engine will matter to her, but do you think this will provide better opportunities on leftover 2016s once the 2017s hit the lots?
Absolutely, I am waiting for the same since 2017 changes have been announced. If you don't care for extra power, the vehicle otherwise looks same as 2016, you just need to wait a bit to get some extra discount. There will definitely be some cash back offered from Infiniti. Roughly 5 years ago I bought my Murano, in Novemebr 2011, sitting next to it was 2012 Murano, the only difference between model years was some color options. Nissan was offering 0% apr for 60 mos. or $2500 cash back on 2011s. I took the cash back since I got 1.5% apr from my bank and the interest paid to the bank was less than $1500.

It is just too hard to wait, my car is paid off and now I am itching to pull the trigger :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts